XVI. FISHING HEARTACHES

Start from the beginning

It made you uneasy. Realizing that you were the only female on board scared you. The feeling of running away was so immense that anxiety slowly crippled your knees. Reasons of not going immediately immerged but you couldn't just upset Seokjin and backed out. After all, it's your job.

Good thing, Seokjin soothed your heart and made you calm. It's a wonder really how he could do that with just a gentle squeeze of your hand. If you think about it... really think about it. You had been either fearful or awkward with men. Bad experiences with their sex were just something you couldn't ignore. You had always made sure that you won't be alone with them... particularly strangers. Not especially with a bunch of them around. Yet with your bosses? With BTS? It's a whole lot different thing. Maybe because you have the contract to protect you, knowing that you would not be hurt. Or maybe, they are special in any way they are. You are sure that they can't ever hurt you. However, now... with the way you are feeling... you could see yourself hurting in the future.

"Having fun?" You endearingly stepped closer, deciding to disrupt his focus.

He chuckles a "Yeah." And instructs you to hold the fishing pole yourself.

"Are you sure?" You whisper. You don't want to ruin this for him.

"Come on. Do it like this." Seokjin takes both of your hands and set them properly.

"You two are quite lovely. That made me jealous." The man at your right teases.

You blush, not knowing what to say. One thing that unnerves you was the way Jin introduced you as his girlfriend. If he couldn't introduce you as his soulmate, just like Yoongi did, Jin should have had introduced you as his friend instead. Maybe he could have convinced his friends that you two are close. But he used "girlfriend" among all things. You saw how the others' brows raised with that, but didn't say more anything about it. They would just tease the two of you, especially when Seokjin becomes touchy, just like right now.

"Stop it hyung. You have your wife already." Seokjin saves you for saying anything.

Another man chuckles. "Oh... If he knew you would be bringing your girlfriend, he would have brought his too."

Your ears itch with that. Girlfriend – a term that gives a whole lot of meanings. Some shitty men use that to those who they cheat with. Some use it to those friends that give more than a friend should. Some innocents would use it to those friends in opposite gender. Perhaps, Seokjin is the latter... but these men are definitely the former. Imagine having relationships outside their soulmate bond, that if the wife is not a soulmate.

'Rich men.' Your eyes almost roll with that. Families with old money live so differently. Just to preserve their wealth, they choose their partners with reputation and wealth as well, leaving their soulmates tucked somewhere else. Their money can do anything at their will. Perhaps these men are just as the same. You wonder why Seokjin is friends with these types of men. Is he the same? That thought makes you a bit upset.

"Hyung! What would noona say?" Seokjin simply smiles, obviously a fake one.

"Hush... no one knows." The other laughs loudly.

You remain silent. You don't want to look at the men. Not to be rude, but you really don't like the way they look at you. It's as if they are skinning you alive, and observing you so closely of what you really are to Seokjin. Well... it's understandable. Knowing Seokjin as the youngest among them, maybe they are just protecting the man from any unwanted leeches. But the loud man is simply so creepy. Disliking him is a bit bland to the feeling that crawls on your skin. You loathe the way he commented on your pretty face and your slim petit figure the first time he attempted to converse with you, which you simply replied with a joke. It's as if, it's the only thing that you have, nothing more. He seemed to have been convinced that you are just one of those delicate dolls hanging around their youngest friend.