Chapter 10

After staying at the Momobami Mansion overnight, Airi decided to go out for lunch. Wandering the busy streets of Tokyo, she came across a popular fast food joint.

"Maji...Burger..."

Her parents had never allowed her to eat at such places before, only taking her to luxurious restaurants or having the head chef cook for her. Needless to say, she was curious about this 'Maji Burger'.

Pushing the door open, she was instantly greeted by the smell of meat and fries. Reading the large menu on the screen, she decided to just settle for a cheeseburger, fries, and a vanilla milkshake.

Finding an unoccupied, two seater table, Airi placed her order down and sat staring out the window. Turning back to finally begin eating, she jumped in fright at the sight of a baby blue haired boy with a deadpan expression on his face, sipping a drink sitting across from her.

"Hello."

"Uh... Hello."

"I was sitting here first."

Airi was almost certain that no-one was sitting here before. Staring curiously at the weak presence before her, she instantly recognised him.

"Kuroko...Tetsuya?"

The boy blinked back at her in surprise. "How do you know me? Have we met before?"

Realising her mistake, she quickly made something up.

"Oh, I'm a fan!"

"A... fan?"

"Yes. I like your basketball!" Airi didn't have to feign enthusiasm. She had watched many tapes of his games both in middle school and high school and she was impressed by his high speed, precise passes and his lack of presence.

"My basketball?"

"Your style. I've seen your amazing misdirection and lack of presence, but experiencing it is completely different!"

"I see... thank you."

Airi knew almost everything about the boy, but she didn't want to seem creepy, so she decided to ask some generic questions.

"Kuroko-san, when did you start playing basketball?"

"Since elementary. Sorry, what is your name?"

"Oh, I completely forgot to introduce myself! My name is Yunabami Airi."

"Yunabami-san, do you play basketball?"

"No, but my friends always play it. Say, what are you drinking?"

"Vanilla milkshake. It's my favourite."

"Oh, mine is vanilla milkshake too."

Taking a sip, Airi's eyes widened at the flavour.

"It's-."

"Oi Kuroko!"

A male voice interrupted her comment, causing her to turn around. A tall redhead holding a basketball dragged a chair over and sat down, placing his tray with a mountain of burgers on the table.

"A-are you going to eat all of that?" Airi, once again, cursed herself for stuttering.

"Kagami-kun, this is serious. That is not going to be enough for you."

Airi finally recognised the boy, Kagami Taiga, from her research on Seirin. Despite reassurance from Akashi that she didn't need to watch it, she had went to Kaijo and spectated their practice match. Airi took Kagami's arrival from America very seriously after witnessing his immense strength.