Chapter 20

"I mean, do you really think Mom would hurt Dad?" Vanya asked Luther once she and the others watched the tape.

All of us were now back in the academy. Everyone was present in this meeting except Five who declined Luther's invitation when he fetched him with Klaus.

Diego, Klaus, Vanya, and Luther crowded in front of the monitor while Allison and I stayed behind them.

Allison was leaning on a pillar, holding a glass of whiskey while I sat on one of the sofa near the doorway that connects the living room and the way to the staircase.

"You haven't been home in a long time, Vanya. Maybe you don't know Grace anymore." Luther said, his voice was dominant and confident.

The way he spat the name of Mom pissed me off for the second time.

"Will you stop calling her by her name? It's like she never took care of you as a kid." I called him out with a glare.

"She's a suspect of Dad's death, Aira." Luther replied to me.

"Yeah, and remember how I was too?" I raised my eyebrow at him.

"I already apologized to you! You even admitted that I was a big brother of yours." he pointed his finger at the staircase as he tried to remind me about when we made amends.

"Well, big brother card is now revoked. You have now been demoted to a big bother." I snarled at him.

If he's just going to use his apology to me as something that he can use to slip away out of arguments like this, then he must be out of his fucking mind.

Luther was about to complain but Diego started talking. "If he was poisoned, it would've shown in the coroner's report."

"Well, I don't need a report to tell me what I can see with my own eyes." Luther rebutted at Diego.

"Maybe that low gravity in space messed with your vision." Diego went closer to the television to push on a button.

"Look closer. Dad has his monocle. Mom stands up. Monocle's gone." he pointed out as he turned away from the screen and walked away.

Diego has always had a keen eye so I just let him do his thing.

"Oh, yeah!" Klaus exclaimed as he munched on some kind of snack.

"She wasn't poisoning him. She was... taking it. To clean it." Diego spun to look at all of us.

"Then where is it?" Luther asked Diego at the same time he turned of the TV. "No, I've searched the house, including her things. She doesn't have it."

"Wait, what? You even searched Ben's room?" I stood up from my seat, mad that Luther probably messed something up in the room.