Chapter 3

It has been years since I last stepped in this house and in this room as well. The room in front of me holds precious memories that I should be happy to think about, but it only brings me great pain.

Ben's death was tragic and heart breaking. He was someone that holds the team together. He's someone that will always be in my heart, dead or alive. It doesn't matter if he came back from the dead with a new attitude. He's still Ben no matter what.

My Ben.

But that doesn't matter because there's no way that he'll come back. He's gone. I just haven't accepted that fully. I used to believe that he just went away like the rest of us when we turned 17. Even now, I sometimes fool myself that he just went on a vacation. That's probably my way of coping. Pretending that the love of my life just went for a jolly getaway in some faraway country.

"Stupid reasons" I muttered just for me to hear.

I turned my back and went back to the hallway to which I bumped into someone tall.

"Crap! I'm sorry, didn't see you ther- Oh! Aira!" the person, who turned out to be Klaus, excitedly exclaimed.

He hugged me tight without even letting me say a word of greeting.

Though, his hug was quite uncomfortable because of something sharp hitting my side.

"Hi Klaus." I said once he finally let me down.

I rubbed my side for some comfort while he just looked at me with a big smile.

"What the hell are you carrying. That almost punctured me." I complained to which Klaus just laughed off.

"I missed you." he stated, smiling gently towards me

I looked at him with a soft look and tackled him with a proper hug.

"This is what you call a hug, you big junkie." my voice were muffled but I'm pretty sure he understood what I said because he put his arms around me for a tighter embrace.

I smell cigarette and alcohol on him and I'm pretty sure he's quite high at the moment but that did not stop me in anyway to express my longing for this man.

Klaus and I had episodes together and we became even closer when one is feeling down in the dumps. He was my comfort when Ben died. He just knew what to say at times when I need someone. Although he uses substances, I don't. I try to talk him out of it and there are times where it actually worked. But since we left the house and went our own separate ways, he went downhill until I lost connection with him because of how unpredictable he can be when he's not in his right state of mind.

"How have you been?" he asked me when I finally let go.

"I've been better." I chuckled.

He hummed and looked behind him for a bit.

I didn't ask him why since he's been doing that since God knows when.

Klaus' ability is to be able to conjure and communicate with the dead.

When Ben died, I wanted to ask him so bad about Ben but I know he's grieving and I don't want to make it about me at that time.

I sometimes hear him talking to someone when we were kids and it became frequent when Ben died.

The reason that my coping mechanism was to think that Ben was on a vacation was because I know Klaus can see him. He can talk to him as if he's alive.

I never talked about it with Klaus. I was afraid that I would feel jealous which will then turn to anger and hatred which is a bad look for me.

I just feel comfort that Klaus has someone he can talk with but that doesn't change the fact that I can't see him and talk to him like Klaus.

"Listen, as much as I loved seeing you and your adorable little button nose, I have some business to be. I'll see you later!" Klaus said, kissing my cheek on his way down.

"Be careful!" I called after him to which he just laughed as an answer.

I went around and peeked in some of the rooms located at the floor I'm currently at and saw Allison in Reggie's study. She was talking to someone huge and I have no idea who it is. All I saw was Allison trying to hold back her tears.

It may have been years since we last saw each other but she's still someone I hold dear and I don't like it when someone makes her cry.

I crept inside quietly without alarming the both of them.

I took a quick breath and the energy around me felt different. Dark sparks formed in my hand which turned bigger until it was the size of a snow globe.

I stood up from where I was standing and walked into the sight of Allison.

"I'm going to count to three and if you're not out of this house, I will make sure to fry you to death." I taunted lowly.

Allison's eyes widened and hurriedly took a step forward, trying to shield the person she was talking to.

"No no no no, Aira!" Allison strode towards me.

"What do you mean no? Who the fuck is that?" I said loudly, ready to throw the ball of lighting in my hands.

"Who the fuck I am? I'm Luther, Aira!" The man turned around for me to see his face.

He eyed the black ball of lightning that I extinguished immediately. "Still makes my hair stand on end" he whispered.

"Shit. I'm sorry. I didn't recognize you there." I apologized with an awkward smile.

"Well, it's nice to see you too." Luther laughed.

I eyed him from head to toe with wonder.

"Phew Luther, you got big. Is it the protein shakes?" I asked jokingly,

Luther groaned and rubbed his face aggressively. "You and Diego must've spent too much time together for the both of you to say that to me."