Chapter 19

A few hours later after Allison's revelation, I found myself walking alongside her on the way to Vanya's apartment.

Luther said we need to hold a family meeting. Again. I wonder how that will go.

I was wearing a cropped shirt that hangs loosely by my stomach and black pants. I still had Allison's blazer which I wore on top of my shirt because the cold was too much for me.

The tension between us was thicker than the cold wind blowing in every direction.

I was still disheartened by what she did but she learned her lesson the hard way.

I racked my brain for a conversation starter but I couldn't come up with any. 

I don't like the awkward silence that enveloped the two of us.

Vanya's apartment wasn't that far but not too near for us to walk all the way so I hailed a cab for the both of us.

I gave the driver Vanya's address, which I got from Pogo.

Allison and I sat next to each other without a word being uttered. The only sound heard was the radio being played.

I looked out and watched as houses and shops whiz by.

"I know you're disappointed, Aira. I can see it on your face when we talked about what happened with Claire and I." Allison suddenly said, surprising me a bit.

I turned my head towards her direction a little but still not looking at her.

"I am." I sighed.

Silence.

"I don't understand what you're going through right now, Allison, but if you're serious about starting fresh then I will support you in everything." I stated after a few minutes.

"You don't have to do tha-"

"Yes, I do. I see you suffering silently and now that I heard the full story and not just a foolish hearsay on a magazine, I am more than happy to help you in any way you need." I cut her off.

Allison looked at me with a sad smile.

She finally let herself go.

Tears started streaming down her face and I couldn't help but reach out and hug her as tight as I could.

It's been years since we've seen each other but that doesn't mean I love her less as a sister.

Seeing her in this state hurts me as well.

I never liked seeing people close to me in pain.