4. 𝘗𝘓𝘈𝘠𝘐𝘕𝘎 𝘋𝘈𝘕𝘎𝘌𝘙𝘖𝘜𝘚

"This ordeal actually began many years before you were born, child. As I have told you, your mother was my daughter, which I had for the purpose of passing on my quirk. Your mother was born premature, malnourished and very weak. She had no quirk either, like you." He began. His voice was cold, it didn't seem as if he was talking about his own flesh and blood at all. "Now that wasn't the problem. The problem was how fragile she was. The woman was incredibly anaemic, she suffered from severe heart problems. It was a wonder she survived her childhood. From the second I laid eyes on her, I knew that she couldn't handle my quirk."

Y/n looked at him with disbelief. She had never met someone so cruel. "I paid no mind to her. Putting my plans on hold to focus on more pressing matters at the time. But no matter how many times I dismissed her, even after she found out that she was created for the sole purpose of passing on a quirk, she still pleaded for my attention." He shook his head. If the quirk that he was using didn't hold Y/n still on her knees, she would've straight up slapped that horrible man.

"When she reached the age of 18, she begged me to try and pass on my quirk. I very ignorantly agreed. The ritual to pass on the quirk was quite tedious. I had to pass on Heal. Heal, my child, is the most powerful self-healing quirk to exist in the entire world to this day. I hunted many people for it, and finally acquired it in a secluded land in Poland." He clenched his fist, making her flinch.

"Having Heal is the best chance for a person if they want to be able to handle the self-destructiveness of the All for One quirk. However, your weak mother barely survived the transition of Heal, which led to me cancelling the transition. She broke down afterwards, and I thought she was finally accepting that she was no use for me." He sighed, looking down at the pissed-off Y/n. "Until one night that is... Where she came up with a plan that she believed was brilliant. She would bear a child, a child strong enough to handle my quirk and legacy."

Yeah. She was certainly a character. I definitely got my personality from Hana and not either of my parents... - Future Y/n.

Anyway, back to the narration.

"She searched for a strong man, someone that could give her child a strong body and quirk. Well after a few months of searching, she found All Might. The strongest. Your mother was a smart and cunning woman, in many aspects." 'Except for the one she needed to realise that her father was an asshole..' Y/n thought, frowning. "But she was weak, so got herself a job as All Might's assistant. She was at his side and aided him with a lot of his paperwork. And well, he fell in love of course. And when a man and woman love each other..."

Y/n cringed on the inside. "Well, you know the rest. Your mother fled back to the base as soon as she found out she was pregnant, never to show her face to your dear father ever again. He was distraught, thinking he scared her away or one of his villainous enemies took her and murdered her. He searched for three years to no avail. He's weak-minded, allowing love to control him like that." All for One sneered. 'You're just an unlovable cruel man...' She thought but bit her tongue back from saying it out loud.

"When I found out what my dear daughter had done for me, I was quite overjoyed. Finally, she'd done something remarkable. I took the liberty of taking care of her throughout her entire pregnancy and made sure that she had everything she needed. And it was a tough pregnancy indeed. Your mother suffered a lot while carrying you. She barely survived the pregnancy, which of course led to her not surviving the birth. I'd like to think positively and say that at least she got what she wanted during her last few moments." He chuckled, making Y/n stare at him with disgust and disbelief.

"You stayed with the league for a month, and as I told you, you were taken by the commission to avoid a 'new' All for One. Which is the main reason why the 'search party' for your kidnapping was nonexistent. They were happy to get rid of you, my child. Little did they know you were taken- no, retrieved- by the same people that they took you away from to prevent disaster." Laughed the man, running his finger along her jaw. Y/n gulped.

"You were thrown into an orphanage after I got taken away. They wanted you to have a 'normal' life, completely unaware of who you are and what you mean to some people..." He sighed, and Y/n knew for a fact that he had a sickening smile under that mask. "You were a strong baby, you had none of your mother's illnesses or weaknesses. You might be quirkless like she was, but do not worry... I don't mind a blank canvas.." He leaned closer, brushing the white rose earring that she had on her right ear. All for one hummed.

"So.. Y/n... Yagi, are you willing to do what's required of you? To become the person that destroys All Might and everything he stands for? To cause the fall of the Hero Commission?" He asked, his voice booming through the room. Y/n, who was still seated on the floor, was disgusted and confused. 'So... that's what Shigaraki meant by saying that I was ruled off as a suicide because of my parents... They wanted to get rid of me... What have I ever done...' She thought.

She looked up at the man that was apparently her grandfather.

"I think.. I think I need a minute to process this hell you just put me through..."

THREE DAYS LATER

Y/n has not stepped out of her room since she returned after talking to her grandfather. Which freaked Shigaraki out since she hasn't spent this much time in her room willingly since she gained the privilege of walking around. He visited her daily as always, but he didn't stay for long periods of time like he used to. Mainly because she didn't speak much anymore. He might've complained about her being too chatty but he definitely preferred it to this. Her aura was completely different.

It was no secret that she was unhappy, miserable even. The heroes, the society that she oh so desperately wanted to be a part of despised her. They were more than happy to get rid of her. She can't become a hero.. she can't serve these... these monsters. And they're not going to help her escape either way. If they did, they'd probably take her for themselves and chuck her in a cell worse than this one where she won't touch fresh air until she's rolled out in a casket.

But it's not like it's any better here. Being bred for the sole purpose of carrying on a quirk with a legacy. A legacy of villainy and misery. She was placed in a dilemma, where one society hated her guts, and the other made her to use her. No wonder she's depressed. Who wouldn't be?

"Fuck.." She cursed, her head fell in her hands and she groaned. "Why me man..." Her voice was muffled by her palms. "I hate the fact that I'm my only hope." She said, sitting up and turning to the wall where a ladybug was crawling. "Imagine your only hope of leaving this place being a teenage girl with no quirk," Y/n complained to the insect. She stared at it for a while, before putting her finger out and letting her crawl onto it. She then opened the door and left her 'room' for the first time in three days for a reason other than the bathroom.

She walked to the highest place in the building that she was allowed to walk to, the bar. She knelt down to the ground and put the ladybug down next to the open space at the bottom of the front door. The ladybug crawled out, and Y/n huffed, plopping down on the floor and staring at the huge door. Suddenly, an idea popped into her head. Maybe your only hope being a quirkless teenage girl wasn't so bad. She's a smart, quirkless teenage girl after all.

Maybe she just needs to play along. Get stronger. Wait, and then run.