Chapter 67

Stiles swears to all that is holy if Scott screws this up, he'll smack him. For Scott to act badly means it will reflect on Stiles and his capabilities as an Alpha, and if there's one thing he can't afford is for Satomi to think he's a bad Alpha. They have an alliance going on that is so far rather strong, if she thinks Stiles is a bad Alpha she could break off their alliance and it could ruin a lot of things for both their packs.

Not to mention that as of now Satomi and her pack are the only connection they have to the supernatural world. Stiles relies heavily on Satomi for most of his information on the supernatural world, while he does have Derek and Peter to rely on as well, there's a lot Derek doesn't know. Peter is more than helpful but he has limits on his knowledge as well. Stiles should probably try to do more research into lots of stuff, but the only thing he really has is the Argent's bestiary and while it has good information, Stiles can't be sure it's not bias in some way.

Okay, so maybe Stiles is a little worried for nothing. At least that's what the pack seems to think and honestly Stiles can't even deny it because he is worried, he wouldn't say over nothing. But he is worried, he's worried about Scott, and Satomi's pack. He's worried about every single member of his pack. He's a worrier, it's something he's always done and he's good at it. Stiles isn't sure how not to worry, it's something he has to work at.

"Stiles, we're going out come on." Derek announces from the door, and Stiles raises an eyebrow.

"We are?" Derek nods when he looks over and Stiles frowns. "Where are we going?" Derek smiles at him fondly.

"For a walk or something. You need to get out of your head, you're kinda brooding which you always accuse me of doing by the way." Derek grins a little and Stiles gasps.

"Me, really?" He touches his chest in faux hurt. "I would never, why Derek you wound me." Stiles grins after saying it and making his way over to the door.

Derek laughs, "Whatever you dork, let's go." Stiles blows a raspberry at Derek on his way past him out the door, Derek smirks at him.

________________

Derek thinks a walk actually helped, Stiles is smiling so widely right now and he just looks so happy, Derek likes when Stiles is happy, he puts off such a sweet scent when he is. Not to mention how infectious his smiles are.

Derek hopes to see Stiles smile more often, being an Alpha is stressful, Derek knows. Being responsible for all of the pack and having to make sure they're all okay, but the added fact of the wolf spark that now speaks to Stiles and allows Stiles to almost feel the instincts of a wolf, Derek understands it must be stressful.

"We should do this more often." Derek comments and Stiles smiles at him softly, reaching out to take his hand.

"We should. It's nice, I forget sometimes that there's a life outside of all of the drama we deal with all the time. It's nice to take a step back, to relax even if it's just a couple minutes." Stiles responds squeezing Derek's hand which Derek returns with a small smile of his own.

"We could make it an us thing." Derek blurts, and almost face palms. "I mean, something we do away from the others every once in awhile, just to have us time." Derek elaborates and when he turns to look at Stiles he's glad he did.

Stiles' smile is wide and his eyes are very bright. They look golden in the sunlight and Derek blinks, surprised by his reaction. Derek thought maybe he'd laugh or think it was a dumb idea.

"I like that idea." Stiles says with a smile. "How often should we, like once a week, twice a week?" Stiles questions and Derek hums with a small smile of his own.

"I think once a week is good that way we can spend time with the pack and each other. We can always change it if we think it's not enough." Derek replies and Stiles nods along.

"Yeah, that's true." Stiles agrees, he swings their interlaced hands in between them with a smile stick to his face. "Who knew Derek Hale was such a romantic." He laughs at Derek's put upon sigh.

"Don't tell anyone, it will ruin my reputation." Derek says pointing a finger at Stiles, who laughs harder in response.

"Sorry Sour Wolf, I think that reputation of yours is long gone." Stiles nudges him with a teasing grin.

"Huh. I haven't heard that nickname in awhile." Derek smiles and Stiles turns to him with an even bigger teasing grin.

"So you do like it!" Stiles smirks up at him and Derek sighs.

"Against my better judgement." Stiles whoops loudly and Derek laughs at him.

"I knew it!" Derek shakes his head fondly.

The rest of their walk is about the same. Derek can't wait to continue these walks once a week.

_____________

Scott regrets ever thinking he could survive in this pack, it's overwhelming to say the least. They do things a lot differently, they don't go to Beacon Hills for school, which isn't too much of an issue, but Satomi demands that he go to the same school as the rest of the pack.

He's completely cut off from his pack and his team mates from lacrosse. Scott feels a little isolated if he's being honest, the school they all go to isn't bad, no one stares at Scott too much and he focuses on his classes and keeps his head down.

It's just that they do everything together and sometimes Scott feels like he never has a moment alone and they train to be in complete sync with each other. By train he doesn't mean a run through the woods, although they do that too, he mean they do rigorous training under Satomi's watchful eyes and she doesn't like slacking off. Not that Scott tries to, it's just that he's not used to this kind of training and he's always tired.

Scott thinks he'd prefer Stiles' pack and he feels bad for complaining about how Stiles does things. Scott wants to go home and be with his pack.