Chapter 54

Scott is a bit conflicted, he knows that what Alison did was way over the top and Erica didn't deserve to be stabbed like that, but he loves Alison so a part of him wants to argue for her. It's a small part, but it causes him to pause and really think about the situation at hand. He can't look at her because he can tell even without looking at her that she's pleading with him to try to stand up for her, even a little. Scott doesn't want to do that thought, he can't there's no excuse for what she did. 

Scott takes a deep breath and looks around the room for a minute, they all look like they know what he's going to say. He glances over at Alison last and he's right, she's glancing at him pleadingly. 

"I know what you all think I'm going to say, but I'm not going to say it this time. I don't like violence, but I know sometimes it's the only option, violence wasn't the only option here. I agree with everyone else, if Alison is going to attack others for no other reason than being provoked, then we can't trust her, and she shouldn't be a part of this pack." Scott explains, there's a minute of silence, and Alison looks so crushed that Scott almost feels guilty.

Everyone else looks a bit stunned, Stiles smiles lightly, and Scott can feel see his burst of pride and happiness in his eyes. Scott isn't sure what he's so pleased with, but he's sure Stiles will tell him later.

"Okay, so six votes. Derek you're up." Stiles states, and Derek shakes his head lightly.

"I agree with everyone else. Alison can't be trusted if she's attacking us for small reasons like talking shit about how she's like her family, if anything this proves she's exactly like them." Derek growls and Alison flinches, Scott kind of feels bad.

Alison wants to be nothing like her family, she wants to protect people and she cares a lot, but she also has a wicked temper sometimes. Scott sighs, no one here is going to approve her being in the pack.

"Seven votes." Stiles says, and then lowers his voice. "Isaac your thoughts?" Isaac flicks his eyes around before deciding to look at Stiles. 

"I also agree with everyone, I don't really like being stabbed you know." Isaac smiles softly, and Stiles laughs lightly. "That's a no for me." Isaac adds quietly, Stiles nods smiling softly, he waits in case Isaac has anything to add and then continues.

"Eight votes. Kira you're up." Scott glances over at her and sees her tense posture.

"Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with everyone else. There's no excusing what she did, and Lydia made a good point, even if Erica wanted to press charges, she can't. Not unless she tells the doctors that the wound magically healed itself, that wouldn't go over very well and they'd drop the case. Anyways, it's a  no for me, plain and simple." Kira states with a light sniffle, nobody comments as she wipes her eye with the back of her hand.

There's a pause for a minute, and then Scott sees Stiles nod.

"Nine votes. Boyd." Stiles gestures for him to take the floor and Boyd sighs.

"Erica and I were hopeful that talking this out would go good, or at least get our point across and maybe get an explanation from you." Scott blinks, he's talking directly to Alison. "It was clear to me you weren't listening as soon as you got defensive and lashed out at us, I was hoping we could talk you down, or explain it in a better way. I didn't expect you to attack Erica like you did and I'm disappointed." Boyd sighs again and glances over to Erica laying next to him.

"Believe it or not, Erica was excited to talk things over with you, she always thought you were really cool, and hoped that by the end of our talk we could be friends with you. So, of course there's a part of me that wants to keep you in the pack, but only for Erica's sake. I'm gonna say no from me and for her though, because regardless of how much Erica wanted to be friends with you, you still hurt Erica." Boyd finishes, and Scott sees Stiles' overwhelming mix of anger and sadness in his expressions that flicker between the two.

He doesn't say anything for a long while, Isaac looks a little nervous sitting beside Stiles, and no doubt feeling his strong emotions from their pack bond. Peter and Derek look just as nervous, Scott knows that Stiles won't hurt Alison though, at least not right now. Stiles takes a deep breath and then looks up.

"That's ten votes for not letting Alison back into the pack, including my own it's eleven." Stiles states, he glances over at Alison. "I did warn you all what would happen if you harmed anyone in this pack, I made it clear, so I don't think this is unfair. Do you?" Alison shifts and then meets Stiles' eyes, Scott wonders what Stiles' expression looks like.

"It's not unfair, I would like to apologize though. I know what I did was wrong and there's no excuse for it, so I won't make one." Alison says simply, Scott is honestly a little shocked. "So, I'm sorry, and I'd like to apologize to Erica too." Scott watches the anger overtake Stiles' expression and winces in sympathy for Alison, this won't be good.

"Erica has the final say," Boyd cuts in before Stiles can say anything, the tension in the room is thick. "If Erica is okay with it then fine, but if she doesn't want anything to do with you, you have to respect that." Alison glances at Erica behind Boyd, she looks sad all of a sudden, and nods. 

"I'll respect her decision either way." Alison responds, Stiles seems appeased with this. 

"Great, now that that's out of the way. Alison, this means that we can't have you around us, really I'd prefer if you didn't come near us at all." Scott gapes at this, because surely that's a little harsh, Alison is gaping at him too. 

"What? But," Stiles holds up a hand, and Alison stops talking. 

"You proved tonight that we can't trust you, if we can't trust you I don't want you around my pack, it's as simple as that, if I were any other Alpha you would be dead for harming a pack mate. Be glad you're still breathing." Stiles growls, and Scott blinks. 

Do other Alphas really kill people who harm their pack mates? Will Stiles really kill someone if they ever harm one of the pack members? Is Scott okay with that? He doesn't like the thought of killing, he thinks it's wrong, so if Stiles were to kill someone on their behalf, would he be okay with that? Would he be able to live with that?

Scott's stomach drops and he has an uncomfortable realization that no, he wouldn't be okay with Stiles killing someone. What's he going to do now?