Here we go international championship pt 1

Tang Yao and Lao K arrived in Vegas the next day. The sensory overload both dazzled and overwhelmed them. The only benefit was that it left Tang Yao with zero headspace to think about her parents or Little T. Exactly as Lao K had intended. They walked the strip, went from casino to casino enjoying the sights and sounds. Even playing a game or two.

After two days ,they were both ready for a break. Lao K rented a car, and they decided to drive four hours to Bryce canyon. Tang Yao had been there once and she had always wanted to go back. They camped under the star, enjoying nature and being with each other. Lao K saw what life could be like with her- he felt supported, calm and balanced. Meanwhile, despite everything she had gone through in the past few weeks, Tang Yao felt emotionally secure lying in the comfort in his arms.

She talked more about her childhood and he told her what it was like growing up to be the heir of the family business. They found much in common. She remarked, " I think I have finally accepted that my parents are not really part of my life. At least not now. I have given them many opportunities, but, they don't seem to care. I mean family will argue, disagree, fight but they will never abandon each other like this. You know what the strange thing is, I have come to expect so little from them over these years that I don't even feel all that heartbroken now. Guess that has passed, huh?", with a sad smile.

He pulled her close, " People often say you can't choose your family. I don't think so. We were all blessed with family as we come into the world. But only some of them stay as your family. It doesn't matter how long you have known someone, or have a specific reason, some people just make you feel like you're at home with them. When you know, you know"

He stayed silent as she pondered over his words . In a very short period of time Lao K had become her family. She felt at ease with him, she knew he'd be in her life a long time. She responded softly, "I guess that is true about family. When you know, you know."

A couple of days later, the rest of ZGDX and the other participants of the OPL international competition arrived. Mind you this was only the international semifinals.  After several tens of rounds of grueling games, ZGDX was moving onto the finals. After the game, the press interviewed the players. As the last question, a reporter asked Lao K, " There has been a lot of speculation about you and Tang Yao. Are the two of you together?"

Everyone waited with bated breath as Lao K's lips curved into a smile and he responded,

" Yes we are, though I'm hoping that will change soon."

The reporter was puzzled, " What does that mean? Please don't leave your fans hanging"

Tang Yao shook her head at his shenanigans smiling fondly. Her boyfriend sure had a flair for the dramatic.

Lao K got up from his seat, turned around to walk away before stopping to say, "Well, I'm going to propose soon." Jaws dropped as Lao K and Tang Yao walked out hand in hand.