Day 1

Note- Until now, the plot has mostly stayed the same , save for a few embellishments. From here the story will change subtly. I would like to portray Tang Yao as the smart, brave and strongly opinionated girl she is , instead of one being rail-roaded by Chessman or in this case k because I switched the characters.

The day after the Spring finals, Tang Yao found herself outside the ZGDX house. It was a humid, hot day. She had  decided to take her royal blue Maserati MC20.That's how she found herself with her hair in a messy bun, shorts , tank top wearing a backpack outside the door. Still, she was excited as she dragged her two large suitcases , cursing Jiyang for adding a whole suitcase full of clothes, she didn't need. 'Why do I need dresses, stilettos and skirts when I'd be wearing a uniform all the time?', she had asked. But Jiyang the force of nature, had not heard one bit of Tang Yao's complaint and sent them anyway. She also had to juggle with her cat cage and lunch that was now in a soggy paper bag.

She knocked on the door . All the team members were playing ranking games. K had just woken up and was in the kitchen in his pajamas. Little Fatty yelled, " K-ge, that must be my delivery. Can you please get it? I'll lose the skirmish if I go AFK"

K mumbled he had better things to do, but opened the door anyway. Tang Yao was shocked to see the K himself open the door. She smiled widely and started saying, " Hello", when his long arm grabbed the brown bag in her hand and slammed the door in her face.

K placed the bag next to fatty who opened it and said, " Congee? I didn't order this. K-ge who was at the door?"

K responded, " Some fan girl I think with no makeup. That's a first". Simultaneously Xiao Rui came running down the stairs yelling, " Lao k, did you shut the door on a girl's face just now? See this" and thrust the phone in his face.

There was a Weibo post on the screen from Smiling "They say when a door closes, another one opens. Unless the ZGDX house has a backdoor, I'm checkmated on day 1"

K was amused and irritated. He thought, ' So that shorty at the door is our new mid. I should have realized. Did she have to call me out like that? Well, at least she is clever and has a sense of humor'

Xiao Rui didn't wait for the captain's response and flung the door open with an apology. "So sorry Tang Yao. Our captain, K didn't realize you were arriving today. He thought it was little fatty's food delivery. Please come inside."

Tang Yao responded, " No harm , no foul" and dragged her two suitcases, that almost came to her waist inside. Xiao Rui ushered her to the main area and whistled to get everyone's attention. "Everyone, this is our team's new mid, Smiling aka Tang Yao. She just got here, say hello"

Tang Yao waved and managed her best smile at her new team mates. " Hello". Little Fatty, Old Cat, Lu Sicheng and her cousin ming god came over at once and greeted her enthusiastically. They all told her to ask them if she needed any help and went back to their ranked games claiming they had to make their streaming quota up. Before her cousin went back they talked a bit about how they're doing etc. Ten minutes later, on the sofa nearby only Tang Yo, Xiao Yui and K were seated.

K " Delete that post"

Tang Yao " No"

Everyone's heads swiveled towards Tang Yao as she said the words. They thought the captain would gank her for sure.

K" I didn't know who you were. Delete that post"

Tang Yao " That's not an excuse to be rude. So, no"

K privately thought, ' so , she has a backbone. This is getting more interesting'. He took a good look at her for the first time. She was quite beautiful in a very understated way. She was 5 2' maybe 5 3', short compared to his towering 6 1' frame. She had wavy black hair that was tied up in a messy bun. Her delicate collar bones stood out against her pale skin and loose red tank top. He looked up from her collar bone to her neck. Her neck was long and seductive, her most attractive feature in his opinion. He had an inexplicable urge to kiss the sinew of her neck. Collecting himself before his imagination got away from him, he said with a straight face " For the last time, delete that post"