19

That's everything important for now

Takeomi thought to himself, lifting himself up from his seat and picked up his caot that was hanging from it.

Opening the door on his way out, he saw Kokonoi with a file on his hand and seem like he was just about to visit him.

Kokonoi also saw Takeomi leaving his room, he raised a brow and unconsciously looked at his watch to check the time, only to see it was just an hour early before the older man usually go out for lunch. "ah, Takeomi-san, nice timing, actually I need to ask you some things about our budget for the new bar Rindo proposed." he asked, his eyes on the folder he was holding, flipping through the pages of papers.

"actually, I need to be somewhere important. Can we talk about later?" Koko paused for a moment, thinking it's unusual to see Takeomi looking like he's in a rush. "we could, but we kinda need this as soon as possible. But since you are in a rush to who knows where. Sure. But where are you going anyways?" Koko asked in curiosity at the advisor's action that seem to be out of character for him.

Takeomi let out a sigh after a moment of hesitation wether to tell Koko or not, "to the Haitani residents. Something came up."

Kokonoi's number of questions only grew with his supposedly urgent matter.

Takeomi doesn't do business much with the Haitani brothers and vice versa. And the Haitiani brothers' emergency call is usually either him or Kakucho.

The only bond the three have is-

"did something happened to Y/n?" he asked worryingly, his face painted with an uneasy look

Right, the only out-of-work relationship Takeomi have with the brothers is that with them being brother in laws.

He got worried at to what happened that made Takeomi take an early leave.

"I don't think i can tell you. For now, we're keeping it in the family, if you can call us that. Don't worry, nothing bad happened to her."

Well that only gave Koko more questions and more worries. "I'll be going now, I need to make a few stop. I'll let Rindo know that you have questions." Koko only gave him a nod, the older man gave him a pat on the shoulder before he walked away, the sound of his shoes echoes through the walls.

"Shit, what now?" he asked himself with a pout on his lips as he looks at urgent files that was failed to be discussed.

He couldn't do anything else but try to call Rindo again and again, causing Rindo's phone to ring and ring again with his notification that you deemed as a bit annoying. "Ani! Ani! Your phone have been ringing nonstop!" you yelled through the hallway loud enough for Rindo to hear who was taking a bath in his room.

"just let it be!" you heard him shout.

Well that made you wanna throw his phone against a wall to a million pieces.

The urge to pick up whoever is 'Tachiojo-kun' is and tell him to shut the fuck up. What a weird contact name. Little stuck up, he's probably referring to himself.

"Reina, c'mere, i just remembered I bought you some things last night." Ran called from downstairs,

"goodies?" you asked to specially no one

You came down the stairs to see Ran with few plastic bags from different stores on the counter of the mini bar. "what are those?" you asked, peeking inside one of the plastic bags. "a few things." he said without specifying his answer.

"to be honest, I didn't know what I bought, I just bought what I thought a pregnant woman would need and crave and things that you would like." you looked at him with a smile, "thank you." you said wrapping your around around him. "anything for you,"

"by the way, can we just order food for lunch? I'm craving assorted chicken wings," you let go of Ran as you turn your attention back to the plastic bags and you found your favourite sweet tea drink. Your eyes sparkled as if you haven't crying and spacing out.

Mood swings are kinda scary

"chicken wings? Yeah sure, I can ask Takeomi to buy some since he's already on his way here,"

"Takeomi? He's coming here? Why?" you asked your brother who was typing on his phone, presumably texting Takeomi already. "yeah, I hope you don't mind that I told him about what happened. I thought I should let him know since he's also gonna be an uncle to your baby."

"is that so," I said to yourself as you sank yourself on the sofa, hands mindlessly creasing your stomach, paying attention to some random true crime documentary on the television. You've been paying close attention to it until Rindo's phone kept ringing nonstop. Disturbing your peaceful afternoon and your favourite documentary series,

It won't stop ringing, it kept ringing that same tone over and over again, it was ticking you off. "Rindo, your phone!" Ran shouted who was equally annoyed at the persistent caller.

"answer it for me!" he yelled. His voice was much clearer than the last time, sounding like he was finally out of the bathroom. So of course, you being the nearest one to his phone you picked it up. "Tachiojo-san is it?" you spat

"Y/n? Tachiojo? Huh? No, it's me, Hajime. Did he put Stuck up as my contact name?" Hajime asked in utter confusion.

You laughed, thinking how it kinda make sense now. "apparently yeah. So what made you call again and again?" Ran's ears perked at your cheery yet annoyed tone

"it's kinda urgent that's why. Where's Rin?" He asked. "he just got out of the shower, he'd be done soon."

"I see, then I'm on hold, I guess." you giggle at his little joked and now Ran was fully focused on your conversation with, as he guess as Kokonoi. "by the way, I heard something came up? What happened?"

"I don't think it's something I can discuss with over the phone. But I'm okay, partially." you Whispered the last part.

"who kept calling?" Rindo asked as he skips down the stairs, his hair damp and you can smell the products he used all from your seat. "Hajime did. He said its urgent. Hey, I'm gonna give the phone to Aniki now, talk to ya' some other time." and before Koko and bid you good bye, you gave the phone to Rindo and he walked away from the loud television to have a proper conversation with Koko over the phone,

"so... Koko..." the eldest Haitani trailed off, making you roll your eyes, knowing already where this is going. "Aniki, please." not this again

"what? Your child needs a father and Koko seems like he would be a great father,"

"nah, I'm not planning on seeing other people. I wanna focus on my baby. And beside, I already have you two, I don't baby needs one more father. And I don't really like the idea of my baby having a step father," Ran only sigh and sat down next to you, "father love and uncle love is two completely different things, y'know?"

"I know that." you sighed, "but...i also think a love from a biological father is different from a step father. Y'know?" Ran only nodded, understanding what you meant.

Ran knows what's going through your mind, and he thinks it's kind of selfish.

But what can he do? He's just the uncle.

Such a problematic child.

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE!

AS THIS STORY OF MINE PROGRESS, I REALISED THAT IT DOESN'T REALLY STICK TO ITS TITLE THAT MUCH ANYMORE. SO I'M PLANNING TO CHANGE IT.

I ALREADY THOUGHT OF SOME NEW TITLES, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK WOULD FIT THIS BOOK THE MOST

Titles I've thought of:

REINA

AGAIN

ONE AFTER ANOTHER

MY CHOICES

IF ONLY

WHAT IFS

R/A/S/H💀

THE LAST ONE IS A JOKE

I'M OPEN FOR SUGGESTIONS AND I'D BE CHANGING THE TITLE ON THE NEXT UPDATE