4. Everything's Falling apart.

Start from the beginning

On the other hand, a filing clerk's job is very dissimilar from a personal assistant!

My eyes were wide open. Fired?! He was not only a dictatorial and cocky man, but also a cruel and callous one who fired people on his first day without giving them a second chance, with the exception of Mr. Bloomfield's personal assistants, so I had to take what he said seriously.

Then again, I was given a second opportunity, along with a few others so maybe I needed to be a lot more grateful.

He must have learned that Mr. Bloomfield's personal aides were there for his and his son's own amusement and had been having relations with them.

Was this just a coincidence? He arrived in the same country where I fled, bought the same business I worked for in faraway New Zealand, and hired me as his personal assistant. Either faith was playing a sick joke on me, or he knew something and wasn't letting off.

How in the world did we get here? I left my cheating spouse behind in another country to protect our children and my own life, but here I was, serving as my husband's personal assistant there for a full month.

Just simply amazing, I took a quick look at his hand and noticed that there was no band on his finger, which made me feel both upset and angry.

Was this karma trying to exact vengeance on me for fleeing? Or did he really have something hidden behind those cold, analytical eyes of his?

I was going to need a few pills for the headaches my unaware billionaire baby daddy was causing.

I internally cringed listening to my own words.

Over the course of the next month, I would have to make an effort to hide my past identity and old habits from him especially my babies.

"If there aren't any more questions, Miss Emerson, I'd like to get started with your new responsibilities as my personal assistant." A file was given to me by Dante.

"The list is not subjected to everything but has all the basics you need to know. Your pay package will be upgraded if deemed so by me from hence forth. If not, then I'm afraid I'll have to let you go." Hearing this my eyes widened. I looked at the file reading its contents.

Reporting to senior management and performing secretarial and administrative duties.

Typing, formatting, and editing reports, documents, and presentations.

Entering data, maintaining databases, and keeping records.

Liaising with internal departments, answering calls, and making travel arrangements.

Managing internal and external correspondence on behalf of senior management.

Scheduling appointments, maintaining an events calendar, and sending reminders.

Copying, scanning, and faxing documents, as well as taking notes.

Preparing facilities for scheduled events and arranging refreshments, if required.

Ordering office supplies and replacements, as well as managing mail and courier services.

Observing best business practices and etiquette.

"I'm hoping there won't be any problems with working overtime and accompanying me to business meetings and other activities as needed." My eyes widened as I was immediately taken by surprise.

What?!

How can I politely explain to him that I have responsibilities at home and can't escape my daily life? Or will it cause me to lose my job? Considering that I'm already at the front of the line to be fired.

Dante, why are you making an effort to make me suffer hell once more? Just drive me to unintentionally remember how hurtful it was when you cheated on me in the past.

"The thing is......." I trailed off as his eyes penetrated into mine like fire on ice, and I instantly stopped knowing that if I continued to object more, things would undoubtedly go awry.

"Miss Emerson, if you're having problems, you may communicate those problems to me, and we can attempt to see to it that we fix the problem as soon as feasible." He spoke while cocking his head to the side slightly in an apparent attempt to decipher what I was contemplating.

My skin was tingling senselessly for him from the way he spoke so seductively. I was fortunate to be wearing a long sleeve shirt. Dante's unfathomable silver eyes and sensuous intonation could easily make any woman swoon just by gazing at her.

I was so enraged that I couldn't help but wonder how many other women he had slept with. I shouldn't be considering these things, but I just couldn't stop myself.

Damnit.

Well, you see I have to get home early in order to take care of our children as their babysitter has evening school. This was what I wanted to say but decided not to. I just needed to find a work a round through all of this.

"Sincerely, Mr. Harrison, there is no issue; I would be more than happy." I smiled as I lied. It was difficult to find a job, and learning that I could get a raise after giving my all would be wonderful for the twins. I needed this job for the sake of our kids.

Perhaps Mavis will be able to watch my babies when I can't get home in time to pick them up from the babysitter.

"Good." His cold silver eyes pierced curiously into mine.