High-Five (Crack)

Description: Sam gets a taste of his own medicine.
Word Count: 600
Characters: Grian, Taurtis and Sam
CW: Death (but told in a comedic matter)

-----

Grian didn't know why the crane was considered a good candidate for a new house, but his time here has taught him mostly to just go along with it. Nothing here was normal and if you tried to be you'd only get in trouble.

So here they were, standing at the top of the crane, high enough in the air to be seriously injured if you lost your balance.

He barely even paid attention to Sam and Taurtis as they admired the small space of the operator's cab as though it were a spacious living area for the three of them. In all honesty, these two were nuts to even consider this place and he really just wanted to get back to the actual house hunting already, before someone got hurt.

Unfortunately that wasn't going to happen, as Taurtis walked out onto the jib without much caution, Sam eagerly following suit.

He stood at the doorway leading out, trying not to look down. The other two, however, looked down as they pleased. Didn't they understand that this was a hardcore world? That permadeath was a real danger here and they didn't have the luxury of respawning? How were they not terrified of falling to their deaths?

And then Sam, of course, did what Sam did best: he made an already bad situation so much worse.

It started off with a dangerous smile, and him loudly asking Taurtis if he wanted a high-five, to which Taurtis frantically shook his head and verbally declined the offer with desperation.

Sam looked visibly disappointed by this, before an even larger grin spread across his face and he said,

"Fine, I'll just high-five the air next to you, okay?"

And, before Taurtis could even form a response, he started doing just that.

He began smacking his hand against the air, way too close to Taurtis if you asked Grian. And also apparently if you asked Taurtis, as he started to even more frantically ask for Sam to stop, before ultimately giving up and deciding on holding on to the crane for dear life.

Sam looked at Taurtis and asked once more,

"Are you sure you don't want a high-five?"

After Taurtis confirmed that he did not, in fact, want a high-five, Sam turned to Grian instead.

"Hey, Gree-on, want a high-five?" He spoke with a grin that was all too happy to push him off the edge of the crane to his doom.

Grian thought about his options here.

He had, at some point, stepped out onto the jib with the other two and was now at risk of being pushed off of it. So, really, he only had one option.

"Sure," he responded with a smile, before immediately pushing Sam off the crane with but a single hand.

For a second there was a panicked shout, and then all you could hear was the loud thud of someone hitting the concrete perhaps a bit too hard.

He and Taurtis looked down at the crime scene in shock.

Sam's body lay on the ground, sparing you of the graphic details, it wasn't a pretty sight in the slightest.

That's all there was to be said about that.

"You killed him," Taurtis said with a disbelieving laugh, "you killed Sam."

Grian let go the air he was holding and it spilled out of him in the form of a guffaw.

They looked at Sam and then at each other and then back at Sam with large smiles painted on their faces.

"Well then, I guess it's about time we learn how to hide a body."

"Right."