Chapter 13

After we order, I shot Naruto a death glare. He's been staring at us for ages, and giving me weird looks. He quirked an eyebrow observing our every move.

"Should I kill him?" Gaara asks casually. I sighed, and spun around to face him.

"No! Why would you?" I quickly say bluntly. He shrugs.

"He seems to be annoying you." I let out a little laugh.

"Nah, I've got something in mind for him already." I smirk evilly to myself. Just then, Ayame brings us our order.

"Enjoy the meal." She chorused, giving Gaara one of those flirty smiles. How DARE she?! Ayame blushes and quickly leaves to the kitchen. I glance over at Gaara. I don't think he likes her. I let out a small sigh of relief, even though I know I shouldn't. If I truly love Gaara, I would want him to be happy, even if he doesn't choose me. I guess I'm just not like that. We start our meal, eating in silence. At least Gaara seems to be enjoying the dish.

When we finish Gaara pays and we leave silently. Naruto was still eating...I think he is on his fifth bowl...?

"How much do I owe you?" I ask as we walk along the street with no particular direction.

"Nothing." He phlegmatically says.

"B-But Gaara! You can't just waste your money on me and say I owe you nothing!" I groaned in frustration.

"I can." He says, looking me straight in the eyes. I look away immediately.

I swear I'll blush if I stare into his eyes for too long.

"You're so stubborn!" I whined like a child.

We kept walking, until we get to my house. It's getting dark by now. The sun was already setting over the hills.

"Did you at least like the ramen?" I asked. Gaara rolls his eyes and slightly nods.

"Later." He turns around walking in the opposite direction.

"Bye Gaara!" I shouted before unlocking the door and entering my house. I don't even bother turning the lights on. I just go straight to my bedroom, changing into my pajamas and collapsing onto my bed with laziness. Gaara doesn't hate me. A smile spreads across my face. I might even see him tomorrow.

"Wait, tomorrow, I have an operation." I remind myself. Sighing, I close my eyes and begin slowly falling asleep...

~*~

I wake up. It's really cold. I must have left the door open. Silly me. I get up, walking over to the front door. It's closed. Strange. It must be just a cold day today. Then the door begins to open. I stumble back a little. Shikamaru ponders in without asking not knocking. I parted my thin lips in a line and stared carelessly at him.

"Oh, so you're up finally. You don't have an operation Today apparently.. The lead medic wanted to let you know." Shika sighed.

"Thanks for telling me. So are you going to just stand there, or are you coming in?" I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms as I furrowed my brows.

"Sure, I've still got time before the mission." He says, walking in and closing the door. We go and sit down in my living room. It's freezing cold in here. Did a snow storm hit during the night? No, that would be impossible...

"So you're doing the chunin exam?" I smiled.

"Yeah. It's a drag." He complains, tipping his head back. I giggle slightly at his remark.

"Everything is a drag for you." I say mocking him.

"Probably. So who was that guy?" Shika asks. Making me look at him curiously.

"What guy?" I asked bluntly,

"The one you were eating ramen with." He said causing me to gasp.

"Oh! He is my... friend from the Sand Village." I clenched my teeth from saying any more.

"Yeah right. You like him, don't you? That's the guy Naruto was talking about, isn't it?"

"Wait, Naruto was talking about Gaara?!"

"Yeah. He was saying things like 'he was creepy and his phlegmatic glare could kill anyone by looking at him' and a whole load of other things." He says. I feel my cheeks heating up. That damn Naruto blabbing his damn mouth!

"Well, I should be going now. Later, Kasumi." Says Shikamaru as he stands up and leaves. I sit there for a couple of moments. Naruto just you wait for me to get back at you! He...he... I sigh. No point in getting angry over something that already been done, I suppose. I get dressed and leave the house. I really don't want to be late for the operation.

~.~.~

The day is dragging on, slower than usual. I really want to talk to Gaara. The chunin exam starts tomorrow, and I want to wish him good luck.

"Hey." The voice made me spin around and drawing me out of my train of thoughts. Sasuke was leaning against the tree.

"Sasuke, hey. What's up?" I ask, walking over to him.

"Stupid missions...and such." He replied sarcastically. I rolled my eyes.

"Well I need to eat something. I haven't ate in ages with all this medical training and all...so I'm going to go to the Ramen shop. You're welcome to tag along if you want." I said with a kind smile.

He shrugged and nodded contently still having that emotionless phlegmatic features encircling him.

After a couple of minutes, we arrive there. Surprisingly, not even Naruto is here. So, it's going to be just Sasuke and I... We order, and that's when it hits me. I forgot my dang wallet again!

"Hey Sasuke, let me run home and get my money." I frantically say as I stood up from my spot.

"Don't bother, I'll pay." I open my mouth to protest, but then decides to let him pay...I feel so guilty. First Gaara, and now him.

I really can't be bothered running all the way to my house and back here just to get money.

"O-Okay, thanks." I say as we get our food. We ate in silence, well not so much silence as talking here and there. I then notice that it was getting dark. The shadows dancing down upon the village.

"Sasuke, it's getting late. You have the exam tomorrow, and I have the hospital work. We should go now." I say meticulously. Sasuke seems to think it out, and then nods firmly. He pays, and we leave the ramen shop.

"I guess I'll see you later Sasuke!" I chimed and he stopped and looked at me melancholy.

"Uhh...you seemed fazed? Are you okay?" I asked quietly whipping my hands in front of his face. He not his usual self.

He nods curtly and left me standing in the middle of the village.

That was certainly odd of him?

I hurried off home and unlocked my door instantaneously.

Finally, I could get some peace and rest before the exams.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>