Chapter 7

Kiba and I were sitting on the couch. I've just finished treating Akamaru, who had a huge cut going down his right side. He's resting at the moment.

"So, how did this happen?" I ask Kiba while giving a weird one eye lift in amusement.

"Some creep with one of those ANBU masks came up to us when we were training. Then he did that to Akamaru and told me to tell you to meet him at the training grounds today at midnight."

"Was he a Leaf ANBU?"

"No, I don't know where he was from. It's really weird. Anyway, now that you've treated Akamaru, let's go report this jerk to the Hokage!" Kiba said, jumping up from the couch. I shake my head.

"No, please. Let's not report this to the Hokage just yet." I said slowly getting up.
"Why not?! Please don't tell me you're actually going to do what that creep said! It's suicidal!" Kiba exclaimed.

"I..."

"Kasumi!"

"Kiba, just relax. I know what I'm doing. Sort of, but this might just be the same person..." I quietly said holding my hands up. Kiba lets out a growl of frustration and sits back down onto the couch.

"Why would you? Why would you go if you saw what he did to Akamaru?" He was flaring, but I placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Because he must want to see me for a reason. He could have followed you and killed me if he wanted to, but don't see him here, do you?"

"Kasumi, I really hope you know what you're doing." He quietly says, giving me a concerned look. I smiled in response to him.

"I'll be fine, trust me," I reassured him.

"Yeah, whatever. If you die, I bet Naruto will miss you." He laughed making me scowl at him in nuisance.

"And you just had to bring him up, because?!" I snapped back harshly.

"I'm sorry, I just couldn't help it!" he waves his hands in front of his face. I sigh dramatically at him. He considers himself to be so superior to Naruto, yet they are so much alike.

"Whatever, by the way, I have a medical course at 10..." I started and had gasped in surprised nearly forgetting.

"So you want me to leave?" He got up ready to leave anyway.

"Well, if you put it that way..." I smirked and chuckled slightly.

"It's fine," he grinned turning his back from me.

"I have some things I need to take care of anyway."

"Kiba, you won't tell the Hokage, right?"

"Yeah, yeah." He rolled his eyes walking towards the door.

"Okay. And, take Akamaru to your sister. If she asks what happened, tell her it was a training accident." I said grinning at the boy.

"Right. See you around, Kasumi!"

"Bye Kiba!" I yelled as I hear the door close behind him. Well. That's just sugar. Poor Akamaru. I glance over at the clock. It's 9:30? Already? I go back into the kitchen where I left my now cold instant noodles. Just looking at them makes me feel sick. I hate cold instant noodles. Well, no breakfast today then. I leave the noodles sitting on the counter and start walking to the medical ninja training building. I hope the course will be there. The training building is right next to the hospital. So I've pretty much been running back and forth from my house to the hospital to the Hokage's building. What a drag...

I enter the building to find five other medical ninja in there. One of them looks kind of old.

"Ah, you must be Kasumi?" she asked folding her arms of over bulky chest. I nod in response.

"Oh, good, good. I'm the instructor for this course. Everything you need to know about the chunin exams, you will learn today. So listen well," the instructor held his hands behind his back.

"Right," I said enthusiastically, sitting down at the table along with the others.

~

It's 7 pm. The course is finally finished. It was so boring I almost fell asleep. It was the same stuff we learnt at the first aid course. Like, exactly the same. Only for the last 30 minutes of the course, we were deciding on our 'formation'. We only come in after the second round of the chunin exams. I will be the one who treats the winner. I mean, they will probably be hurt as well. Of course, I wanted to take the more serious position, but I was the youngest medical ninja here, by far. There will be four of us coming out to the field if needed. I will do the minor injuries of the winners. Two of the other three will be carrying the stretcher. The third will be giving emergency treatment to the patient if necessary. The last one will not be coming out at all. Their job is to prepare the operation room.

We all left after being there for hours.

~
I'm walking home when I hear somebody yelling my name. "HEY KASUMI!" Naruto, of course, it was Naruto of all people. I turn to see him running up to me smiling like an idiot.

"Hey, Naruto, what's up?"

"You moved here from the Sand, right?" he asks slightly panting. I nod. Weird. Why would he even bring that up?

"Oh, do you know, a couple of hours ago, after reporting our mission, I ran into some Sand ninja. You might know them..." He what?! Could it be...? Nah, would the Kazekage let Gaara take part in the chunin exams? I take a deep breath, trying to calm myself.

"Describe them," I was serious as I held a demanding tone. Naruto thinks for a moment making me lose patience.

"Well one of them was a girl. She had blonde hair put up into 4 ponytails. And then there was a guy with like.. Makeup? And he wore a random black hood and just was dressed in a baggy black thing. And then the other kid was kind of creepy. He had blood-red hair and teal eyes and a love kanji on..."

"Oh, my Kami! Gaara!" I yelled frantically this time. I sprint off to my house real quick. I have to find him as soon as possible. I really want to talk to him. Can it really be true? I stopped dead in my tracks. This was a big village after all. How am I ever going to find him? I can name at least 20 places where Gaara would hang out... Slowly, I turn and start walking to the Hokage's building. He might tell me exactly where Gaara was.

~~~~~~