"Where's Lina?". Eros finally asked the question at the tip of Aria's tongue. She didn't want to ask in fear of the answer she might get. She doubted she was ready for it so she mentally thanked her brother for saving her.

"She's in her room. She doesn't plan on coming down today" Dalcia replied

"That's strange. She never misses breakfast for anything". Eros said

"She isn't too well". Dalcia mumbled, glancing at Aria making her drop her cutlery at once. Her mother blamed her for what she did to Lina. Well yes, she was to be blamed. She'd hurt her sister really badly and that was unacceptable no matter the situation yet it Dalcia's look had nothing to do with how she felt. It was just that she added to it.
With one glance at the table, she stood up and dashed outside to look for her sister with Demitri hot on her heels. She felt him even before hearing his footsteps but she refused to turn back and she was bent on ignoring him till he grab her arm from behind and spun her to face him.

"Ismena"He whispered her name and she shuddered. By the moon,she hated how him saying her name made her feel.
She stood facing him but her eyes were anywhere except on him. She said nothing because she didn't trust her own voice.

"Moró(baby)" He tipped up her chin, forcing their gazes to meet and she let him since she had no energy to fight him. She saw the concern she felt through the bond shinning in his eyes and she relaxed. He cupped her face in both large hands and caressed her face. No words were exchanged but she clearly understood what he'd meant to say.
"It's not your fault"
That's what he was comforting her with but she wasn't having it. It was her fault and no one else's so she had to fix it.

"I have to go" Aria told him as she took both of his wrists in her small hands and removed them from their initial position on her face and turned to leave. He watched her retreating figure quietly since he could do nothing else.

Aria quietly strode into her sister's room with hurried steps though she was aware no one was chasing her. As expected, Lina was huddled in a corner of her room reading. She didn't look sad or hurt, even. Clearly she'd healed and she seemed more into the book she was reading but Aria knew she'd noticed her.

"Lina, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to -to hurt you like that. You don't have to forgive me so easily. Hell you don't even have to forgive me" Aria squatted before her and spoke softly.

"I know but you don't have to apologize". Lina said with a smile. She hated that Aria felt terrible for what she did but she couldn't have changed anything even if she wished.

"I-"

"No, you're not going to blame yourself. I was in your way and you couldn't have reacted to any other way"

"But I -"

"And this is why I skipped breakfast today. I didn't want you apologizing endlessly because I understand. I know what it's like. I know I could have died but I didn't. You're never going to get rid of me that easily." Lina assured her.

The fates might have fucked with her and given her a mate she couldn't accept but she'd forever appreciate them for threading the souls of her sister and her together. She didn't her forgiveness but it turns out Lina never held her to it.

"I love you,Lina." Aria whispered, engulfing her in a tight hug.

"Did marking your mate suddenly make you a romantic?" Lina teased causing a smile to spread on Aria's lips.

"You could just say 'oh I love you too' but no "

"There's no fun in being predictable " Lina said and paused, a wide grin on her face then added "In every situation. Being unpredictable makes it the more fun"