two

-

-

3rd POV

[name] closed the door, still flustered by the scene from earlier, and greeted the vocal teacher. Her gaze wandered around the room as the teacher adjusted something, and she noticed the cameras were already set up. So they'll be filming the entire thing..

It's fine. I got this..! You've been doing this for almost 6 years now..

With her heart slightly pacing, she patted herself twice as a sign to herself that she could do it. This has been her daily habit ever since she previously joined Starship Entertainment. She was doing it so frequently that the other members had taken notice of the small habit.

The vocal teacher smiled warmly at the sight of [name] and asked her a question. "Are you all set, [name]?" [name] confidently nodded her head as she got ready to warm up her voice. "You're going to sing the song we practiced last week; is that okay? So that I'm able to see how much you've improved since then." The vocal teacher teased the latter, trying to ease her tension.

The teacher played the piano, and [name] started to do her usual warm-ups. After the 10-minute warm-up, the teacher played the instrumental to the song she'll be singing.

Little Mix's "Love Me Like You"

Placing the music sheet in front of her table, the vocal teacher waited for the first note of the song and watched as [name] started to sing.

As she sang throughout the song, the teacher noted that [name]'s voice had improved significantly in a matter of months. If she was being completely honest, [name] would be one of the best vocalists in the group, and the vocal instructor had observed this from the first moment she walked into the practice room.

Her melodious voice echoed throughout the room, brightening the somewhat dark area. Despite being Japanese, the teacher noticed how relaxing and pleasant her English accent was to the ears, as if she were already fluent in English.

She definitely had a vast improvement. She will undoubtedly become a better vocalist in the future. Her sweet but sultry voice suits any concept, so I'm going to be excited about their future projects as a group. The vocal teacher smiled once again. She was glad she was able to help.

"I noticed you were having a hard time sustaining high notes. There were times your voice got breathy. I recommend taking precautions with your posture while singing because this could also greatly affect the way the note comes out. Also try getting used to diaphragm breathing; I'll send you some notes and some links you can research on so that you'll be able to do it flawlessly next time. " [name] nodded as she took mental notes inside her head.

"But, you've improved a lot, [name]. You should be proud of yourself." The latter smiled gleefully after hearing the warm compliments, "Thank you, teacher!"