II

Prologue part 2

Prologue part 2

-

3rd POV

Yujin hummed to a song as she recently listened, thinking of what to eat after the meeting.

She's sitting on one of Starship's couches, scrolling through her phone, having just returned home from her recent Inkigayo broadcast.

She was waiting for the announcement since she had been called to a meeting with a few other people about whom she had not been notified, but she was thrilled to see them anyway. Yujin got an inkling that it had something to do with her imminent debut in a new girl group formed by Starship. And she was obviously overjoyed about it.

Yujin wasn't sure she'd be chosen to debut again at first, because she'd already had the opportunity to be part of a group to promote for two and a half years, so she assumed Starship would choose someone else to finally have their moment to shine on stage.

But she guessed Starship had different plans for her career as an idol.

At times like this, she was thankful because she had been lucky enough to be able to perform and to be able to meet her fans again.

Oh, how Yujin missed the screams of the audience every time her group appeared on stage. Having everyone shout for you was pure ecstasy, but it was cut short when the pandemic began. Yujin is used to hearing fans shout at the top of their lungs every time the music starts, so having to perform in front of little to no people was a weird experience for the girl.

Yujin is no fool. She knew how popular IZ*ONE was, so the hype for the group itself didn't surprise her, although unfortunately, it all came to an end because of the new virus that has been spreading all throughout the globe.

The girl felt melodic, reminiscing back to the times they had performed their last stages as IZ*ONE members. But it felt like it wasn't as memorable because WIZ*ONES wasn't there to fill up the half-empty stage with their cheers.

It's funny because she danced a hundred times in front of an empty crowd, yet she kept dancing in front of an empty crowd until they finally disbanded.

Yujin smiled bitterly as she tried to cleared her mind, wanting to begin a pleasant adventure with the new members.

The door opened, jolting Yujin out of her reverie and revealing the manager who would be holding the meeting.

Surprised, Yujin stood up to greet and bow, "Hello, I'm An Yujin. Nice to meet you." making the manager perk up, "Ah, I was told you were polite, and it seems like they are right." The manager smiled, bowing back.

Giddily, Yujin became ecstatic with the unexpected revelation "Ah, really? Thank you." Yujin shyly fiddled with her fingers, sitting down once again.

The manager sat down on the couch in front of her. "Okay, I think you already know what we're about to talk about." Yujin nods politely, smiling meekly, an effort to try to hide her slight nervousness.