Chapter 25: Arm Organization V (End)

Cale has been staring at a void. His surroundings shrouded with darkness, he could not see anything. Even if he blinks his eyes rapidly, the scene does not change.

Sitting cross legged, this is the only thing he can do. He had tried multiple ways to escape from his predicament. Though, everything was in vain.

He once attempted to know where this darkness ended. Seeking if there are any walls, corners or anything for him to touch. There was nothing.

Only air.

If someone was in his place, surely they would panic. However, he didn't. He was calm. His mind and body are not tense; he is relaxed.

As far as he knew, he was shot. Two times. And the last thing he remembered is the panic stricken expression of Alberu.

He had wanted to comfort the man but he could not when the pain blinded his senses. The agony of the bullets pierced his body made him unable to do anything.

Cale can only utter some words before passing out in Alberu's arms. His lips curve downwards, showing a look of disappointment. He scared Alberu.

The look of his face. Pure horror, uncertainty and worry. He is ashamed of what he put Alberu through.

Having known Alberu so well, seeing him almost at death's door; he must be blaming himself. Shouldering the blame of negligence, not being careful of the surroundings, and the might-be-death of his comrade. The burden he carries is piling up until it can be the reason for his downfall.

For the first time, Cale is scared. Scared to think of the possibility he is dead.

His thumb pressed on his pointer finger, circling around to minimize the uneasiness brewing inside. Just thinking in line of this possibility, the small percentage of not making out alive, cold sweat emerges from his back.

He can't die just yet. He can't.

He hasn't bare his heart. Haven't confessed the words he wanted to convey. Haven't even emphasized the desire to be in a relationship with Alberu.

The Alberu he had loved from before and now. The Alberu he had fought with in highschool. The Alberu he had left for both of them to grow as a person in life.

Alberu Crossman. Alberu Crossman. Alberu Crossman. Alberu Crossman.

He utters the name repeatedly, engraving the said name in his mind and heart. No intention of forgetting the name of the person he loves. The reason why he has been holding on.

Droplet of tears streamed down silently. With his hand, he wiped it off roughly and stood up. His eyes bloodshot and determination overflows.

He must find a way to escape. Alberu is waiting for him.

A ball of light flashes faintly from afar. Cale definitely caught sight of it. He trudges towards its direction, footsteps not hesitating in walking.

Dangerous or not. He will take the chance. This is the only opportunity he can escape from this hellish hole brimming of nothingness.

He observes the ball of light, his fingertips touching the shape but it quietly moves away from his touch. The hand raised freezes in the air and after a while he lets his hand fall down by his side.

The ball of light appeared to be confirming something as if making sure he is in the vicinity. It flashes two times and gradually moves in the darkness.

Cale proceeds by following it in a specific direction. In every step he takes, the light gets stronger until his whole being is swallowed.

Reflexively, he flutters his eyes closed and opens it again when the bright light subsides. Trying to focus his sight, he sees a blurry figure in front of him.