Chapter 14: Team Building

After the flower killer case was closed, they had free time to know each other. Slowly, the two opposing teams started to warm up. There might still be banter between them, however, it was just a way for them to interact.

It's their method of trying to keep up with one another. Even though the tension lessens a bit, there is still a large amount of tension left.

Alberu glances at his companion, Cale has his eyebrows arched. Both of them were waiting for the others to arrive at the location they had designated. It was a surprise, they were the first ones to arrive.

"Are you sure you did not tell them the wrong time? Why do I feel this was their plan?" Cale mumbles, loud enough for Alberu to hear.

"I did not. I make sure to tell the time you had set." Alberu replies back innocently.

It was a lie.

Alberu shamelessly pushes back thirty minutes from the time they should have met. Well, it was needed. He wanted to spend more time with Cale by himself without anyone interfering with their time together.

When they are with the others, whenever he tried to flirt once more and worm his way toward Cale's heart, there is always interference by others. It made Alberu annoyed and wished that they were left alone.

An opportunity finally came, he grabbed his chance.

"Really?"

"Yes, really." Alberu firmly says earning a chuckle from Cale.

Alberu thought Cale does not know anything about his shameless secret solid plan. He had rejoiced internally, even doing his happy dances, ignorant of the fact, that Cale might know what he had planned.

Cale finds Alberu cute.

Really cute.

He knew Alberu's mischievous plan. It was quite obvious.

From his observation of his body language, it was obvious that Alberu hates being interrupted by their colleagues every time he would flirt with them.

The slight twitches of his eye, every so often deep sighs, and the concealed glares he gave, it was all been seen by Cale.

Cale could feel the corner of his lips twitching up. It could not be helped, Alberu's mischievous acts are adorable in his eyes.

"Why are you smiling?"

"Am I?"

Cale touches his lips, his smile widening seeing Alberu's frown.

"Why do I feel like you know something?" Alberu questions, feeling a bit antsy seeing his smile.

That smile sent by Cale in his direction appears to have a hidden meaning to it, making Alberu nervous a bit.

"Maybe?" Cale unsurely replies back, maintaining his smile on his face.

Alberu wanted to ask him but he could not do so anymore for their colleagues had arrived.

Eruhaben sees their two captains talking to each other in front as they walk in their direction.

Everyone agreed they would just go there together without informing the two. Some got confused about why but did not ask any more questions.

It was Eruhaben's plan. He knew the correct time they suppose to meet because he had talked to Cale, yet he did not correct Alberu when he gave them incorrect information.

He knew. In fact, he had seen how Alberu's irritation every time someone ruins their alone time together.

It makes him laugh seeing Alberu's scowl. It was one of the moments he was grateful for having colleagues ruining it.