He was still pondering over what the presentation and graphs could be about when he recalled the urgency with which Anupama closed the laptop and he realised it was something that Anupama didn't want him to read.

Jo bhi tha Anuj....if Anu doesn't want you to see it....then it's none of your business.

He thought to himself and went back to the pile of files kept on the table waiting for his signature.

A few moments later, Vikram entered the office and saw Anuj immersed in files. He looked at his watch to check if he is late but he wasn't.....it was Anuj who was early.

Yeh banda kabhi nhi sudhrega....

He sighed thinking that his friend is still the same workaholic he used to be.

He moved closer and cleared his throat announcing his arrival but Anuj was too busy to notice.

Looking at the stack of files kept on the coffee table near the couch, Vikram realised that Anuj was catching up on the pending work from the last week.

Certainly a lot has happened over the week. Although Anuj might have mastered the art of hiding his pain but Vikram knew deep down Anuj was still reeling from the shock of the various things that came to light about Anupama's past life.

He wanted to help Anuj but as always he didn't have any clue on how to help him when it came to Anupama. However, he decided to atleast give it a try.

Vikram:- Anuj...

He spoke taking a seat on the couch but Anuj just hummed in response.

Vikram:- O hello Mr. Kapadia....yeh mera office hai aur yha hmm...umm...uhh nhi chalta...

Anuj looked up and smirked seeing Vikram establish his authority.

Anuj:- Aur yeh meri company hai....kal se bahar gate pe likhwa du...ki yha Vikram Mehra nhi chalta...

He retorted with a cheeky smile and Vikram made a half angry face.

Vikram:- First of all....that's not how it works.....and secondly does GK know ki tu yha subah se office me ghar basa ke baitha hai?

He inquired shifting from the topic.

Anuj:- Does Rittika know ki tu yha kaam nhi....bakwas kar rha hai?

He sneered at him and Vikram looked annoyed.

Vikram:- Tu mere kisi sawal ka seedha jawab nhi de sakta...

Anuj:- Tu seedhe sawal nhi puch sakta...

Vikram groaned in annoyance and Anuj chuckled at this.

Seeing Anuj finally loosen up a bit, Vikram decided to address the elephant in the room.

Anuj:- Kuch bolna hai?

He asked anticipating Vikram's mind and Vikram was surprised.

Vikram:- Tujhe kaise pata?

He asked perplexed.

Anuj:- Kameene tujhe mai bachpan se jaanta hoo....tujhe sach me lagta hai ki mujhe nhi pata hoga tu tabse mera mood light karne ki kosis kyu kar rha hai....

He called Vikram out for what he was trying to do and Vikram smiled hearing this as he realised twenty three years of distance hasn't really changed the dynamics of the friendship between them. Anuj is still the same person who can notice even the slightest change in his behaviour.

Vikram:- Anuj....wo Ritu...

He spoke hesitantly and Anuj understood the reason behind his hesitation.

Anuj:- She told you.... didn't she?

He tried to confirm if Vikram knows the truth or not.

Vikram:- She did.

He replied clearing his doubt.

Anuj:- When?

Vikram:- When Anu came at our house for dinner.

He told Anuj everything that happened the day he found out that Rittika and Anupama have a history and Anuj just nodded in acknowledgement still not being able to comprehend how to react.

Vikram:- Anuj....Rittika ne 17 saal pehle jo bhi kiya....I know wo galat tha....and she knows it too.

He tried to defend Rittika but Anuj had already made up his mind regarding it.

Anuj:-It doesn't matter if she knows it or not....the question is if she is sorry about it?

He stated in a cold tone adjusting his specs as he looked at Vikram for an answer.

Vikram:- You know Rittika....do you really think even if she is sorry.....she would admit it?

He reminded Anuj of Rittika's nature knowing very well that even if Rittika is sorry....she won't admit. However, he himself was doubtful that whether she feels any remorse or not about what she did because everytime they have talked about it.....it had ended up in him comforting her for what Vanraj did ignoring the fact that Rittika was equally responsible for it.

Vikram:- It's in the past Anuj and it's been a long time since then...

He said wiping that thought from his mind for now and focusing on Anuj.

Anuj stood up from the couch and walked to the window in anger thinking Vikram was brushing the entire matter under the rug.

Anuj:- If you have already made up your mind that it's in the past and it is of no consequence now.....then why are we even discussing it?

He spoke displeased at Vikram's behaviour and Vikram realised that Anuj has misunderstood the whole thing.

Vikram:- Because I want to make sure that the two most important people in my life don't end up hating each other.

He expressed his fear and finally it came to Anuj that it isn't about Rittika or what she did....but Vikram who doesn't want to choose between his family.

Anuj:- I don't hate Rittika...Bunty.

He said trying to relieve him of the stress.

Vikram:- I know you don't....I just want you to talk things out with her.

He replied walking upto him.

Hearing the concern in his voice, Anuj turned around and placed his hand over Vikram's shoulder assuring him that whatever happens....he would not put him in a position where he has to choose.

Anuj:- Bunty.....listen to me....I don't hate Rittika and never will....she is my family too. I just need some time to wrap my mind around everything....okay?

Vikram:- Okay..

Anuj:- Give me some time....trust me.....I will sort things out with her.

He promised and Vikram smiled in response.

Vikram:- You better....

He warned and Anuj nodded in assurance tapping his shoulders.

Anuj:- Can I ask you something?

He asked not sure if he should go on or not.

Vikram:- Yeah...

On receiving a nod from Vikram, Anuj spoke reluctantly.

Anuj:- Does Anu know about Rittika and Vanraj?

She does.

A voice answered in response that certainly didn't belong to Vikram.

That's it for this part.

Hope you like it.....

The next part will be updated tomorrow.

Please vote and share...and do leave your thoughts about the part in the comment section ❤️

Thank you ❤️