𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 | 𝐃𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐜 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐨𝐫𝐞

𝐃𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐜 𝐃𝐞𝐯𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧

𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐧 𝐓𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐬 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐫𝐚

𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝!!

𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐏𝐎𝐕

Fuck fuck fuck, what did I do in my past life to have such bad luck like this?

First, I woke up extremely late for my twelve-hour long drive out to west bubble fuck because my grandparents decided we weren't close enough and needed to have our family reunion deep in the woods at some cabin they rented. To make matters worse, I found this out two days ago and all of the flights were booked or canceled because of the snow. Second, I was forty-five minutes in when I couldn't remember if I turned off the iron and so I had to turn back around. Guess what? It was off. Third, I nearly stepped in dog shit. Fourth, my car started making some expensive ass noise before it started to break down on me.

Now, I'm stranded on the side of the road seventy miles away from the nearest town, waiting for a tow truck to come to save me from this cold. Great. I'm so damn frustrated, it occupied my mind more than the hunger that was striking me down right now. If my car hadn't broken down I would have already been at a rest stop eating, but no, this old shit had to stop on me.

I could hear a loud ass honk from a distance and I was ever so grateful. I got out of the car and waved the tow truck down hoping it would see me. It drove past as both I and the driver locked eyes.

The truck stopped on the other side of the road before turning on its lights and cutting across. It drove a little past me before it pulled over and reversed so the truck was in front of my car. I'm sure that was illegal but oh well.

The man got out of the truck, his gloves in hand and I followed suit. "Nice to meet ya', I'm Duffy," he said extending his hand.

Duffy was a short white guy with a receding hairline, a pop belly, a thick mustache, and glasses that looked like they were given to him pre-nineties. He looked like a stereotypical southern trucker. Hopefully, he didn't have a personality like one.