Battles, Gigs and Drinks

It was a rainy Friday. The sky was pouring its heaviest storm on Hawkins. Lightning stroke and thunder rumbled loudly. The Hellfire club took refuge inside the facilities of our school. One of the most terrifying battles took place inside one of the classrooms. Seven warriors bravely fought against The Lich, a creature with a great quantity of hit points. The soldiers screamed and slammed their fists against the table as the villain attacked them one by one. Dice rolled on the table with the hope that the points were going to be enough.

    The campaign had finally started. Every quest was more complicated than the last. The players were afraid that the characters they developed weren't going to survive the endless attacks. The Dungeon Master was merciless, which made the game much more interesting. Every player wore their Hellfire t-shirts for two reasons. One: some loved the design. Two: apparently the leader made it a new rule that, whoever didn't wear theirs, couldn't play that day. I suspect he did that because of me.

    By the time the game ended, the sky had settled down. Fallen and victorious soldiers emerged from the building to see the sun starting to hide behind the buildings. Eddie held my hand as we walked through the parking lot. Dustin was going to have a sleepover with his friends at Mike's place, so I was going back home alone for tonight. Mrs. Henderson was most definitely home, which meant Eddie couldn't drive me home. We said our goodbyes to the younger members as Nancy picked them up. I was about head home on foot when Eddie pulled on my hand gently, gaining my attention.

    "You're really going home?"

    "I think so. I mean, Mrs. Henderson is waiting for me, and I left a very good novel unfinished." I answered smiling. "Why?"

    "I just thought you could come with us." He motioned his head to refer to the remaining members of the club who were looking at us. "We're playing on our first small gig."

    "Oh my god, Munson. Why didn't you tell me? It sounds awesome. I'm definitely in!"

    "Yes!" Eddie celebrated. "Wait, I don't want to get you into trouble. I promised myself that I would stop doing that after the detention incident."

    "Don't worry about it. It'll be fine. I mean, it's not every day that I can see my boyfriend being a rockstar." I cupped his face with my hand and kissed him. I could feel his skin getting hot as his face turned red. We parted and he grinned as he walked me to his van.

    The drive to The Hideout was... somewhat chaotic. Eddie was driving us all there, including the instruments. He exceeded the speed limit a couple times and took curves violently, which made the passengers get several bruises. He stopped the vehicle abruptly when we arrived at the pub. As I stepped out of the van, I was able to realize how carsick I was. I looked over at the rest of the gang only to see their faces were as pale as mine.

    Gareth was the first out, he didn't have an instrument in hand since Mr. Jefferson, the pub owner, was lending him the drums. The rest of the boys were in the back grabbing their respective belongings. Gareth approached me and, with the help of his forearm, he leaned on the side of the van.

    "You should really teach your boyfriend how to drive." He said with his eyes closed. I only giggled in response. I mean, what was I supposed to say? Eddie was the one teaching me how to drive.

    We entered the building, and frankly, I was a somewhat nervous. However, for my luck, Eddie noticed. He looked into my eyes, silently telling me that everything would be okay. I relaxed a little, but Eddie took me by the hand and didn't let go until he absolutely had to. Apparently, he had asked that a small table, in front of the impromptu stage, was to be unoccupied.

    "All right, Love. This is your table. Make yourself comfortable and well... I hope you enjoy the show." He let go of my hand and placed a small kiss on my forehead.