Mixed Tapes, T-Shirts and Impressions

Eddie and I continued to date. We saw each other every day at school and tried to hang out as much as possible. He wasn't only my boyfriend; he was still my best friend as well. While we were a really cute with each other, we still made fun and annoyed the shit out of one another. Some days he would leave sticky notes on my textbooks. While other days he would steal my books and wouldn't give them back until I told him how much I liked him.

He also passed notes to me in class, and one time we were caught. We were sent to detention. It was my first time getting into trouble, but I was glad that it was with him. Eddie tried to apologize.

"Don't worry about it. I mean, it was about time for me to live a little." I gave him a quick kiss and he returned a gentle smile.

One day, he invited me to hang out at his place. He picked me up at my house since Mrs. Henderson wasn't home, and we drove to his home. The place wasn't as far as I thought, so we arrived just a few minutes later. We entered a field where several trailers were installed. People sitting on plastic chairs chatted outside, a woman hung out clothes to dry, some children ran around cheerfully yelling and playing. Eddie violently pulled over in front of one of the trailers. I gave him a daggering look letting him know he had to be more careful.

"Sorry, Sweetheart." He chuckled. Eddie quickly opened the car's door on his side and hurried to my side. The door opened and Eddie offered his hand, helping me to get out. "There you go, Princess."

"Thank you, Edds." I said as I took his hand and stepped into solid ground. "So, this is your 'home, sweet home'."

"Yeah. My uncle is out, so I figured we could hand out here." Eddie led me to the door and took a quick peek inside. He looked back at me with a glimpse of embarrassment, and proceeded to let me in. "I'm sorry about the mess."

I stood in the middle of the small kitchen as Eddie raced around the place, picking up empty cans and shuffling different objects into drawers. My eyes scanned the inside of the trailer, it was really close to what I had imagined.

"Okay. Acceptable enough." He said crossing his arms and admiring the result. "Oh! I wanted to show you something. Come on."

Eddie took my hand like a little kid and led me into the back of the trailer, where his room was. The bed was poorly made, and random objects covered the floor and shelves. The red guitar hung in front of the mirror and papers with scribbles laid on top of his D&D books. I stood at the door while he opened different drawers and desperately looked for something. When he found it, he turned to me and smiled with a special spark in his eyes.

"A mixed tape?" I grinned.

"It's got Queen, Echo & the Bunnymen, Rolling Stones, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden and of course, your favorite, Bon Jovi." He had listed the songs in the back, and on the top of the card it read: 'To my Princess'.

"Oh, Eddie... Thank you so much." I wrapped my arms around his neck and held him close. When I let go, I reached into my bag and looked for the surprise I had for him. "I also have something for you." I pulled out a white shirt with black sleeves and collar.

He looked at it, and as I unfolded it, his eyes landed on the design. His expression filled with joy as I handed the shirt over.

"Jesus Christ, Y/N! Is this it?"

"Yup. The new Hell Fire t-shirts. Do you like it?"

"Like it? I love it!" His hands reached for my waist and pulled my body close to his. His beautiful brown eyes met mine and, in a matter of seconds our lips connected in a soft kiss. "Thank you."

Talking to Eddie was extremely easy. Words flowed like a free stream. I could tell him everything and I knew he would be there for me. He had this way of nodding his head that made me feel like he wanted me to go on. I felt like he trusted me too, since he told me about some rough patches in his life. However, he didn't trust me enough to lend me his guitar, which I found funny. I knew that whoever touched that thing was getting their fingers cut off, so I constantly teased him about it.

"So, when are you going to teach me how to play, huh?" I asked tilting my head toward his treasured item.

"I'll teach you someday. I promise." He said with a small smile. "When you're ready."

"And when will that be? When I'm cool like you?" I mocked him, while grabing a denim vest from his bed and putting it on. I started to fool around pretending I played guitar as I had seen him do it.

"Is that your impression of me?" He chuckled as I kept on playing around. Suddenly Eddie, as random and crazy as he was, tackled me to the bed. I giggled as he pinned me down. He looked deep into my eyes and tried to hide his smile.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked.

"It's really nice seeing my girlfriend wearing my clothes."

"Shut up, Munson." I freed my hand and reached for his cheek, giving him a gentle kiss.