The sleepover

JJ had driven Kie home as they'd left the party early. He just pulled up to her house and they just sat there for a moment, enjoying the silence and thinking about the moment they had just shared.

" come on" JJ said opening his door " let's put you to bed" he smirks and she just giggles.

He had always had the power to cheer her up, make her feel happy and she absolutely adored that about him.

They walked through her house trying to be quiet and finally reached Kie's room.

" so I guess I'll see you tomorrow" JJ said warmly as Kie opened her bedroom door.

" can't you stay?" She said softly looking back at him.

"Kie" he sighed

" your parents would literally kill me if they caught me here" he whispered.

" so don't get caught" she smiled

He rolled his eyes playfully and they both walked into her room.

" shit, you redecorated"  he says as he looks around.

" yeah I felt like a change" she replied quietly

" everything just feels so different since we've come back, and by everything I mean me" Kie takes a seat on her bed.

" in a good or bad way" he questions taking a seat next to her.

"  I'm not sure" she whispers

JJ then reaches around her pulling her into him so her head rests on his shoulder. He sees her eyes gloss over.

" Kie we're safe, ok? Everything's going to be fine" he says reassuringly.

She tilts her head to look up at him.

" thank you"