The vision.

Kie slowly opened her eyes to find herself to her surprise lying by the remainders of the fire. She wondered to herself if she'd imagined all of what happened last night with JJ. But she can't have dreamt it , she doesn't often have nice dreams.

She was the last one to wake up so she was by herself. She looked around and spotted the rest of the pogues in the distance.

"Kie!!" John B shouted across the beach.
" you're awake!, are you ready ?"

Kie looks back at him in confusion
"Ready for what?"

"Surfing, silly! We were waiting for you to wake up and now you have so let's go!" He grins widely.

Kie tiredly returns the smile.

"3 ..... 2 ..... 1 ..... GO!!"

All six of them sprint into the ocean as fast as they can. All smiling and laughing as they splash each other playfully.

It felt nice to forget about where they were for a minute and have fun together and just be normal 17 years old for once.
Kie is giggling as she splashed Sarah and she falls backwards into the water. Kie looks over at the boys and cleo doing handstands and  trying to surf with the makeshift boards they made when she was asleep out of bits of wood tied together with one of their shirts.

JJ looked so happy.
The sight warmed her heart.
He was where he belonged doing what he's meant to do.

Sarah started splashing kie back once she regained balance. Kie laughed for a second but it quickly disappeared and a cold emotionless expression took over her face. The splashing sound got louder and louder and more and more unbearable. She became disturbingly aware of the water around her body and felt as if it was pulling her down deep until she had no breath left.

"Kie?" Sarah distant calls could be here very faintly
"Kie?" Slightly louder

Kiara felt she was right at the bottom of the ocean watching from below.
She saw JJ's lifeless body floating above her with blood pouring from his head.
It was a nightmare, her nightmare which she's already had the unfortunate experience of living.
Sinking.
Gasping.
Drowning.

"Kie?!" Sarah repeats

Suddenly she snapped out of the terrifying feeling/vision and her legs just gave way.
She collapses into the water.

"KIE!!!" Sarah shouts
She grabs her arms and tries to pull her up and out of the water. She pulls her onto the sand and kie starts to cough. 

Kiara knows now that what happened yesterday to JJ, seeing him go overboard and his body floating lifelessly in the water has effectived here much more deeply that she initially thought.

The water and the waves are normally her place of comfort, where she feels the most calm and free. She doesn't feel safe in the water anymore. All she feels is immense overwhelming fear of danger. But it's not for herself.

It's for JJ.

The boy in question happens to looks over and see kie on the shore gasping for breath and notices her change in expression.
He automatically has a sinking feeling in his stomach and swims over to her and Sarah very quickly.

"What happened?!"

"I'm not sure, one minute she was laughing and the next ... she just .... Froze." Sarah replies

"She still hasn't said anything " she adds worriedly

JJ crouches down to kie and grabs her hand and gives it a gentle squeeze.
She turns her head and meet his eyes with hers.

" I thought I'd lost you " she trembles as her lip quivers. Tears once again escape her eyes and she sobs quietly.

JJ pulls her into his chest and she responds by wrapping her arms around his torso. Sarah joins the hug as the other three pogues surround them. They all notice kies state and join the embrace around her. 

A terrifying moment had surprisingly turned into a sweet one. They all stayed like that for some time as kie caught her breath. She was in awe at how amazing her friends really were. She felt that she didn't deserve them but would be forever grateful for them.

" Kie, what happened?" JJ asked softly

"I was back there, in the ocean keeping you afloat. I thought we were both going to die. It just felt so .... real"

" we'll I'm fine, I'm safe, there's nothing to worry about"

" for now" she adds

JJ turns his head to the side and smirks whilst tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear.

"J"

"Hmm" he replies as he continues to play with her hair whilst humming that stupid song he loves.

" never mind.......it can wait "