Chapter 16

Rosa's POVIt was graduation day, and I forced to wear an ugly yellow cap and gown

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Rosa's POV
It was graduation day, and I forced to wear an ugly yellow cap and gown. Aro and Caius had switched places a week ago, but I knew that I would see him and Marcus later tonight.

So my dad and Caius watched as I accepted my diploma and listened to the speeches given by the principal and valedictorian aka Jessica. When they finished everyone clapped and threw their caps in the air. I removed my robe and went towards the audience with the intention of bribing Caius for a congratulation kiss as if I didn't have 30 of those this morning.

Unfortunately I was interrupted by Mike fucking Newton "Hey! Rosa! Can we talk for a second?" I roll my eyes and place a hand on my hip "What do you want, Newton?" I asked throughly annoyed 'Can't he take a hint?' "Listen, I know you like me and I know that you've been playing hard to get" Mike starts earning a snort and an "Excuse me?" From me, but he ignored it and continued.

"But we're out of high school now and going to college, I don't have all the time in the world babe, so I'll make it simple. You, me, 9 o'clock tonight. I'll take you out to the Port, and we'll have dinner. Then afterwards you can thank me and show me how you really feel about me" his eyes held a suggestive look making me stare at him in disgust "Please tell me you're joking? There's no way you can be that stupid. Even after I broke you nose and hand twice you still insist on this delusion?" I scoffed making Mike's smirk fade.

He glared at me "Wha-" Mike was then cut off by Caius wrapping his arm around me "Mia amour, are you almost done with your friend here? We have dinner plans with your father and we should get going" Caius said spitting out the word 'friend' with venom. I let out a hmph and said "Mike's not my friend. Let's go baby" I kissed Caius's lips for good measure and we both walked away leaving a gobsmacked Mike behind.

I got home and changed into tonight's outfit as Aro and Marcus were attending the dinner and it was going to be a nice restaurant.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I exited the bathroom to put on my pantyhose and white heels only to see Caius quickly hang up the phone. I raised a brow and Caius said "Amour, you look stunning-" his attempt to distract me fails and I fold my arms and say "Don't try to butter me up amour who was on the phone?"

Caius hesitates before admitting "Jane. I asked her to teach that Newton boy a lesson" I pinched the bridge of my nose and said "A lesson that'll have him in the missing persons page by next week?" "No! Of course not....at least not this time" "Caius!"

"Sorry, sorry" I sighed and wrapped my arms around his neck before kissing him passionately "Thank you for defending me, but I can take care of myself" he puts his hands on my hips and rubs them in a soothing manor "I know you can........ but you should know that you don't have to be alone all the time. You can depend on me, on us" I looked into his vermillion eyes. My heart swelled with adoration for the man in front of me.

I didn't ever think that it was possible for me to feel so safe and happy but in that moment I unconsciously decided to admit my feelings and whispered.

"I love you."

And there were so many more "I love you's" after that, and I still didn't believe that I'm able to love anything more than them.....