Chapter 09

Rosa's POVI'm clinging to the center console of a Porsche that Alice stole when we arrived in Italy

Rosa's POV
I'm clinging to the center console of a Porsche that Alice stole when we arrived in Italy.

'Why a Porsche? Why did it only have two seats? Why did Alice drive like a maniac? Why am I even here? Just why???' I thought.

Alice zipped through the streets and only stopped when a police officer stopped her. Bella quickly climbed out and asked where to go. Alice told her and Bella slammed the door before Jack Sparrow running through the crowd. I quickly slipped into Bella's seat and tightly wrapped the seatbelt around me as Alice looked for a place to park. I peered out the window and actually took in my surroundings.

Vintage sienna houses with cobblestone streets that were filled with people wearing red cloaks "What's with all the red?" I asked"It's for the Saint Markus Day festival. They're celebrating the expulsion of vampires. It's the perfect setting" I look over at her in confusion "The perfect setting for what?" I asked. Her head snapped to me "You have no idea what's going on, do you?" I shook my head.

Alice quickly caught me up to speed on things. So apparently when I told Edward that dad was investigating a string of murders he assumed that Bella was one of them and now wishes to join her in death by exposing the supernatural world and getting executed by the Volturi. The Volturi are supposed to be the kings of the vampire world.

'You've proven me right yet again, Eddie boy. You're a dramatic, self centered, bratty dumbass.' I think.

Alice parked the car and immediately covered up.

I got out and asked "So why am I here? No offense, but Edward and Bella being suicidal dumbasses together aren't really my problem" Alice nervously gnawed on her lower lip "It's hard to explain, but you'll see

I got out and asked "So why am I here? No offense, but Edward and Bella being suicidal dumbasses together aren't really my problem" Alice nervously gnawed on her lower lip "It's hard to explain, but you'll see. Everything will be as it should be" I narrowed my eyes at the pixie seer not trusting her.

We approached a clock tower and Alice broke the lock revealing quite the scene. Edward and Bella were dramatically in each other's embrace staring at two red eyed vampires who looked unimpressed by their reunion. The first red eyed vampire was tall and brunette while the second was short and blonde.

"C'mon guys! It's a festival, we wouldn't want to cause a scene" Alice said cheerfully with an underline threat. The brunette smirked and challengingly said "We wouldn't?"

"Enough" a feminine voice interrupted. I peered down the hallway to see a blonde haired girl with red eyes wearing a gothic Lolita dress with white stockings and black Mary Janes. "Jane" Edward greeted. This 'Jane' ignored him and simply said "Aro sent me to see what was taking so long" she looked at us expectantly before walking off. I was the first to follow while Bella started talking.

"Who is she?" Bella asked making me roll my eyes 'Your boyfriend literally just said her name, dumbass' "Just do as she says" Alice whispered I rolled my eyes and said "Can we save the questions for later? I'm trying to come up with a lie as to why we're in Italy without making dad file a kidnapping report and make his FBI buddies arrange a warrant for Edward and Alice's arrest" Bella's face turned bright red. "You told him where we were?!" I looked over my shoulder to Jane and whispered "Is she really asking yet another stupid question?"

Jane shrugged. I turned back to her and said "Yes, because he's our dad and he needs to know that we're alive. You know that he's overprotective and paranoid" Bella scowled "He doesn't need to be involved in the supernatural!" I rolled my eyes and continued walking "Which is why I'm telling half truths, dumbass" "I'm not a dumbass!" Bella shrieked "Could've fooled me" I muttered making the red eyes laugh as Edward glared at me and Alice gives me a disapproving look.

Edward and Alice followed with Bella clinging to Edward. The remaining two vamps followed behind them. I texted dad one last time.

Me
At the Saint Markus festival. I'm so sorry, I'll try to keep Bella in line. By the way if anything happens........just remember that I love you 🤟💕

I put my phone away as we enter the elevator. I glanced back at the two red eyes and ask "So what are you names? I can't keep calling you giant brunette and elven blonde" they snickered and the brunette said "Felix" I nodded and said "Rosa" the blonde smirked and reached for my hand and kissed the back of it "Demetri, at your service Miss Rosa" I raised a brow and smirked.

'Not half bad.....for a vampire' I thought, charmed.

We exited the elevator and entered a lobby looking area with comfy looking couches and a large desk with a pretty human secretary who quickly stood up and greeted us excitedly in Italian "Buon pomeriggio!" I nodded and smiled.

"Is she human?" Bella asked making my smile fade and a look of annoyance appear. I look behind me and say "Obviously she's human. She probably has some kind of arrangement with the Volturi" Bella looks even more confused "Arrangement? What are you talking about?" I give her a look "She probably wants to be a vampire and the Volturi are offering that in exchange for service, and if she fails..." I explain and trail off only for Jane to pick up "She'll become dessert" I pointed at Jane and nodded as the gears turned in Bella's head.

Jane then dramatically pushed open a set of double doors next to the secretary's desk revealing.........