chapter one

Sydney Lee

in a world where you can be anything, be kind
☙❦❧

College, it's an interesting place that's one thing for sure, it's been about 2 months since the first week back for my second year.

I'm currently studying, business studies, art and design and economics.

I've always dreamed of having my own cafe once I'm done with college, a place for everyone to enjoy and it would be a small business making iced coffee and drinks.

Art is what I love to do in my free time.

I love art so so much, it's one of the things that makes me the most alive, being able to paint your feeling and not having a care in the world.

It's beautiful.

Anyways I'm currently getting out of the shower dressing myself for the day, ready for my first class of the day which is business.

We have a test coming up in a few weeks so I need to be on top of my work and study well before then.

I decide to wear a very simple but cute outfit, just some black leggings with a pink crop top and a white jumper over the top along with my everyday jewellery.

Running though my apartment I grab myself some coffee for the go and head towards Tilly's room.

"Tills are you ready yet?" I ask her putting my head though the door.

"Yeah yeah give me two secs!" She replies back.

Tilly and I have been friends since the first year we both have art and economics together, she's the best a really true friend.

Getting in my car we head off to campus which is a 5 minute drive from where our housing is.

Tilly and I say our goodbyes and say to meet at lunch later today, I go to the building where my class is.

☙❦❧

Once I'm here I take a seat near the back as it is already mostly full.

The class goes by quickly, I decided to go to the art room to do a little bit more to my project I'm working on.

I'm currently painting a view of the sea from a cliff top, it's so good so far, the colours go well with each other and you can really see the outlines of the waves.

As I'm grabbing some more paints I hear a small giggle come from the cupboard behind me.

I stop for a second before I hear the cute giggle again.

I walk over to the cupboard, slowly opening the doors I see a young boy hiding his face in his hands.

"Hey little man, what's your name?" I ask softly bending down to his level.

"My name, Arlo" he smiles pointing to himself.

"Hi Arlo, I love your name it's very cool" I tell him smiling back at him.

"How old are you Arlo?" I ask again as he moves more into the light.

"Me two!!" He shouts holding up two fingers.

"Wow, two!, that's a very big number" I gasp as I take his hand helping him out of the cupboard.

"What your name?" He asks me.

"My name is Sydney, but you can call me Syd" I tell him as he smiles then pouts his lips out making me laugh.

We both take a seat next to my painting and I get him a glass of water too.