Chapter 39

Calum's P.O.V.

"Songwriting is the best therapy." Alex told me as we cleaned up our equipment after the songwriting session. Ashton had left along with John because Alex told me he wanted to talk to me privately.

"What?" I know what he said, but I feel like I heard it wrong.

"So, what did you do?"

"What do you mean what did I do?"

"Ashton was extremely pissed, you looked like you either wanted to kill him or you were scared of him, and I do talk to Peyton and if I ever mention you, she kinda changes the subject." Alex admitted to me, opening yet another beer, "you said you fucked up badly."

I shrugged, not sure if I wanted to tell him about it because he would probably tell Peyton about it, not that it would be a surprise to her. I mean, she was there for the whole thing.

"I don't know."

"I'm here to help you bro, not judge you." Alex reminded me as I pulled up a stool and sat down with my arms resting on my legs and my eyes focused on my shoes. "I helped you and Ashton sort out your problems," he paused to take a sip, "what makes you think that I can't help out you and Peyton."

"Well, Peyton isn't exactly here right now." I reminded him.

"So, I'll help you fix the problem." Alex wasn't going to let this go.

"Fine." I sighed, "it's a really long story so get comfortable." I warned him as I started telling him all about the relationship that Peyton and I had. From when we first met and I flirted with her, to the kiss at the bowling alley, to when I admitted I loved her in a truth or dare game, to when we fought because she doesn't know how she felt, to Lucy yelling at her and Peyton saying that she could have me, whatever that really meant. I also threw in bits and pieces of what Molly had told me because I'm sure that Alex would need to know those and I mentioned the mysterious backstory that I still to this day didn't know about.

"Wow, you did mess up." Alex sat in disbelief.

"Thanks for telling me something I already knew." I rolled my eyes, "I thought you said you wanted to help me."

"Trust me, I do, but you're- well, first of all you're an idiot. Second of all, you're oblivious. Third of all, you're weak." Somehow this little help session turned into an insulting Calum session.

"Ok, I really don't need this right now Alex. I already feel like shit." I started to stand up.

"No. Let me talk." Alex stopped me.

"Fine, but if you continue to insult me, I'm leaving." I told him.

"Deal." Alex agreed, "but hear me out." I nodded. "Well, the whole beginning part of your relationship wasn't stable. Like after the friendship thing. I'm talking about the whole kissing her when you were "drunk" and the whole admitting your love to her thing during a truth or dare game isn't exactly typical, ya know. The fighting between you two isn't good either. You need to talk things out instead of forcing her to make decisions."

"But she doesn't tell me anything. I told you," I held my arm out. Sometimes I felt Italian when I spoke because of my frequent arm movements, "she hides her past and I can't do anything to help her without knowing it."

"Have you talked to her?"

"Not since the Lucy incident."

"That is the reason why I said you were oblivious." I started to stand up again, "she wouldn't be making a big deal out of this whole situation if she wasn't in love with you too bro." He called after me, getting me to stop.