23. 𝓢𝓾𝓻𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓮

Start from the beginning

"Ha go on. Spoil your daughter by giving in to her every whim. I am so done with you and your daughter. "

"Papa, looks like mumma is angry. " She said hiding her face on her father's neck laughing.

"Then lets un - angry her. "

Dhwani and her father hugged the women from both sides , kissing her as they did so.
Her brother jumped in with the fun, giggling every time ma asked us to stop.
Once all of us stopped, we were all laying on the floor and had tears in our eyes with all the laughter.

Her hands travelled downwards to the mangalsutra that was resting just below the ohm necklace.

No she was not wrong.

All Dhwani Taneja had after the age of ten were her brains , self esteem and the memories of a beautiful childhood. She was who she was , because of all these. No one helped the poor intelligent orphan girl.
So Dhwani transformed herself from the damsel in distress to the badass woman she is.

She was not going to sacrifice any of these just for love. She survived well enough without it. She was sure she can do it now too.

But the thing is , love is like a drug. Once you know how it feels , you start to crave it until one day you realise that you just can't live without it.

She had already packed most of her stuff. She was waiting for Aarohi to leave for London. That was the only thing she asked once Dhwani stated that she was going to move out. And Aarohi left for London today morning.

She had hugged her and asked her to look after her family and Dhwani promised her the same.

A promise she was starting to regret.

"Have you finished packing?" Veer asked coming into the room.

"Hmm"

" I can drop you , if you want. "

I nodded in affirmation.

He came forward to help her with the luggage which she politely refused.
She didn't want anything more on the unfinished businesses they already had.

Dhwani didn't like this silence between them.
There was always sound and voices. Happy, sad or angry.
She wasn't used to this.

Dhwani brushed aside her thoughts and looked out of the window at the scenary.

Her old apartment looked the same that she was getting Deja Vu.

For a moment she got lost in those beautiful memories of the past.
Veer would visit her here , in this same car everyday with the excuse of giving her a lift. But both of them knew it was just a facade for them to spend time together with each other.
The whole ride they would just talk about random things and along the way they fell in love.

"We've reached." Veer said slowly tapping my shoulders.

"Ahh.... Yeah. "
I cleared my throat quietly and tried to open my seat belt which was not coming out.

"Let me help" Veer whispered leaning in.

They were really close that she could smell his musky scent. Her whole body were alive with goosebumps by their proximity.
Veer was focused on untying my mangalsutra from his shirt and Dhwani stared at her husband, the only man that could ever affect her this much , merely with their closeness.

Thank you I said with a shaky breath once he was done. Before I could leave he held my hand and said

" Dhwani "