Retail therapy?

Começar do início

"Why did you guys break up?" I ask and she starts crying again and i massage her back. I honestly don't know how to react. My unstable self is laughing but my normal self is feeling a tiny bit sad. "Calm down. You don't have to tell me now. Just brush your teeth and let's go eat breakfast. I made nice food for us." I say in a comforting tone. She nods and stands up to go and brush her teeth.

I throw away her tissues and make her bed. When she comes out of the bathroom i give her another hug. "Thanks for making my bed." she says. "No problem. Let's go eat and feed that stomach." I say and we giggle and we go downstairs. "Are you okay Jessica?" asks Kuhle. "Yah I'm fine. Just some female issues." she answers. We both sit down and start eating.

"I'm never underestimating your cooking abilities again." says Kuhle and i chuckle. "Thank you." I say. "It's really nice. I think you must cook everyday." says Michelle. "Udakiwe. Do you want my hands to look ashy before I turn 30." We laugh. (You are drunk.) After eating i clear the plates and put them in the dishwasher. So lucky to have a dishwasher. Jessica comes to me and asks if we can talk outside.

"I broke up with my boyfriend because i found out he has a whole family in another province and he wants me to be his second wife." she says. " Isgaxa sendaba." I say and we laugh. (Such big news.) "I'm sorry." "It actually is now that i look at it." "All men are liars guyzini." "And the worst part is that I'm pregnant." "Unamanga." (You are lying.) "Stru."(I'm serious.)

"Your life is filled with drama you can't create on your own." I say. "I know. I told him about the pregnancy but he doesn't want the baby unless I give him what he wants." she says. "Which is?" I ask. "Ngibe ku sthembu naye." (I get into a polygamous relationship with him.) "Wena what did you say?" "I told him no. I am a woman of class and standard I will not settle for being someone's second wife." "Uyenzekahle woman of class and standard." We laugh. (You did well.)

"So you a single mother now?" I ask. "Yeah." she says. "Sobriety is gonna be your middle name." "I know and that's what hurts the most." "Sdakwa." (Drunkard.) She giggles. "Don't worry i will always be here for you. I consider you my little sister and now i will protect you from every male spieces that exists." "Thank you big sister." "If you want to go home and tell your parents its fine. Just ask Kuhle for a plane ticket."

"Thanks. What's going on between you and him?" she asks. "Nothing. It's you and Michelle thats insinuating that something is going on when there is nothing." I answer. "Do you like him?" "Nope we just good friends that tend to be flirtatious in private." "Oh so you like Sthembiso." "Nooo! Never!" She laughs. "Okay. No more insinuating from my side." "Good." I pull her in for a hug and i hear a few sniffs. She will get through this that I know. We go back inside and start cleaning. We split the chores amongst us.

After cleaning I go upstairs and take a bath with scented bubble baths and bath bombs. When I'm done i lotion my body and i wear a black jumpsuit that hugs my body. I tie my hair into a low bun and add lip gloss. I sit on the bed and call my best friend. I know she will be angry at me but she will understand why i didn't call her.

"The prodigal child is back." says Mihlali. "I would like to apologize for not calling you earlier. I was still settling down." I say. "Whatever. How are you?" "I'm good and you." "I'm good I just miss you." "Me too. I went to the club the other day and it felt empty." "Is that settling down in your books?" "Yes by painting the city red." She laughs.