chapter 43- beginning of something

1910's 

Demi pov:

As much as I  liked my pick, I wanted to see more in life, when being told who I can marry is another problem, not saying I didn't mean I didn't like who my auntie picked, I just wanted to see more in life before thinking about who I would end up with. I didn't think I had a choice in who was meant to be with. I looked outside the window thinking about this. I was in my thoughts but I didn't even check the people who stood around me,  There were two girls, one blonde and the other a dark-haired pretty girl. Their names were spoken but I wasn't listening, Ellie Roberts, Kelly Hunter." I guess these girls had been brought up highly educated like us.  No one managed to get past my aunties, and my mother they all decided to become friends to sort out our lives. 

Not that I wasn't interested in being their friends, I just wasn't ever able to get close to girls since I was brought up with boys, so I got on better with them, it was different from my parent's relationship when they were younger they didn't get on, unlike me and my brothers. 

I thought to myself I'm happy with Ash but I was crazed, it controlled me. Made me feel like I couldn't but look not look for something I didn't know what it was yet but I knew I had to look for something.  I hated feeling like this. 

Cornelious pov:

It was just a busy day, with some much going on, parents arguing over something or the other, the uncles going mad and aunties getting into other people's business. Just A stressful day I met a girl, someone who wasn't Ellie, this girl was different yet dangerous, in a way. The way she was or talked you knew by looking at her you knew something was happening when she walked into a room. she had a beauty about her, eyes. She would be a girl that you could talk to and understand.  Her name was Phoebe  Gold. But then I saw my sister with Ellie and Asherly walking into the room I was in with Pheobe. Their faces were interested especially Ellies.  I mean we weren't a couple so I didn't understand why she was so annoyed, she wasn't my problem.  I had met Pheobe at a horse race, a year ago. With only established people who were either royal or highly educated. 

Her face was fair skin, honeycomb hair, and bright sparkling eyes. I thought I was making the right decision about leaving Ellie and pursuing Pheobe since she got and understood my way of life, and my family because if I was to survive in this life, this family I needed a woman who could just get on with the job.  I stood up looking over at Pheobe and she already seem to know what I was about to tell her. "Yes," she says before I even open my mouth. "I need to go to a ball tonight would you accompany me?" She didn't take long to answer she just nodded "It would be my pleasure." In front of Ellie, her face went an angry shade of red. 

Ellie Roberts pov: 

After the display of Cody, I decided there and then to hurt him as he did me, I would get with his brother.  So I started talking to him more, getting to know him, speaking to him any chance I got. 

Prince Cains pov: 

I was a bit confused on why Cornilious was acting his way, last time I checked he was getting with Ellie at the ball, and now there's some other bitch involved. But instead, she's been with me talking and talking and talking. It was entertaining at first but maybe something could happen, who knew. 

We were outside in the dark around the garden, she bit her lip. turning away from me. I thought I should do something. I walked up to her and she just smiled and by force put her hands around me and kissed me but at this moment the windows were open and Phoebe and Cody watched this. But I didn't care. Neither did she.  If my relationship with my brother breaks I'll have to wait and see, so I turn my head and Cody's face went pale just as he was watching.  I mean what Ellie was wearing he couldn't tell me off I mean just look at this beauty.