Extra- I was Born Ready

Mulai dari awal

Esme softly laughs before she comes from around the chair and stands next to Alpha Cena.  "He's mad at you dear." she says earnestly. Alpha Cena then wraps his arm around Esme and sighs defeatedly.

"He's always mad at me. Why am I always the bad guy." 

"Well, he can't be mad at both of us." Esme says back to him as she pushes him forward toward us. "Now go fix it, he's making us look like bad parents." she whispers barely enough for me to hear but I ignore that comment because I could never see Alpha Cena and Esme as bad parents. I would do anything to have parents like them. They lathered Elijah in nothing but love, attention, and affection. They protected him from anything that could potentially harm him, scar him or traumatize him. They always said 'yes' to him and gave him anything he wanted. So, of course, I knew that he was crying because this time they must've said 'no'.

"Eli." Alpha Cena starts. I instantly felt the grip of his tiny hand tighten around my leg at the sound of his father's voice. Seconds later, I see Abby and Winda walk up next to me. 

"Hey, Alpha Cena." they both say in unison. I was a bit jealous at that because that would usually be my and Abby's thing but I shrugged the feeling off and focused on my gamer.

"Hello ladies, it's nice to see you both."

"You too. We were excited when this one here invited us." Abby says happily pointing to me, while Winda just nods.

'I only remember inviting you.' I thought to myself. But of course, I knew inviting her meant inviting Winda.

"I hope you have fun. I'm going to start Bar-B-Qing around noon so if you have any requests please let me know

"How sweet of you, thanks Alpha. Alright, let's get our ass's in the water! I've always wondered how long I can hold my breath." She yells before walking away with Winda in hand.

"Well she's an outgoing spirit now is she."Alpha Cena says. I just shrug at his remark and remove Elijah's hand from my leg and hold onto it.

"I believe you lost something." I say to him.

"Yeah." Alpha Cena says with a chuckle. "He can't get into the water just yet. He ate McDonald's on the way here so he has to wait a bit. He started crying when I told him no but he wouldn't let me get a word out." Alpha Cena explains exhaustively as he takes Elijah's hand and I could've sworn that Elijah looked at me with a scorned stare as if I had betrayed him. I look at Alpha Cena confused. What did McDonald's have to do with swimming?

Cena catches my confusion and begins to explain further. He tells me that if people didn't wait at least thirty minutes after eating before going swimming, their body can become fatigued which could lead to body cramps and potential drowning.

I nodded at his response and walk behind them after grabbing my things. Abby was already in the water with Winda so I just sit down with Alpha Cena and blow up floaties. It's weird to see him hold a pink duck floatie. His body is huge, and he always wore a serious look like he was thinking about something. 

"Angel?" he says breaking me from my concentration. I look at him and don't say anything but he continued to speak once he knew had my attention.

"I just want to take this time to formally apologize to you." 

"Why would you need to apologize to me?" I ask a little surprised. 

"For taking so long to speak to you about getting your rank in the pack. I have not forgotten. I've just been busy with recent unexpected events."

"It's ok Alpha, I understand. I've been around the Warriors and the scouts, getting to know them. I am ready whenever you are." I say kindly to him.