Chapter Twelve

THREE MONTHS LATER

Angel's P.O.V

"Are you sure you're ok with watching him? It's not too late, I can have someone else watch him." Esme says from the front door frame.

Hell yea! I couldn't be surer.

"It's ok. I love hanging out with Elijah, we are going to have a lot of fun together." I reply from the middle of my den holding Elijah's hand.

"Ok. I'll be back before you know it baby. Be good for mama and papa." Esme says while walking to Elijah. He quickly lets go of my hand and runs into his mother's. Esme scoops him up and bears hugs him for the tenth time since she came to drop him off.

"I thought you had to leave because Cena was waiting, Esme." I say repeating her words from the third hug she gave him.

"I know. I know. It's just hard every time." she replies letting him go.

"Just go mama." Elijah says quietly dropping his bag from his back.

"Ok, I'm going! Goodbye Angel. I'll see you in three days."

"Yea."

"And goodbye my little Angel, be good." She says to Elijah ducking her head a little and waving.

"I will." Elijah replies. I wave back until the front door was closed along with Elijah.

Elijah is a four-year-old pup who is quickly on his way to being five in two months. Cena and Esme are already making preparations for his birthday party and then they are to announce his second gender to the pack.

I promised them that I would watch over their little pup while they are away to celebrate their anniversary for the next three days. I didn't understand why they would ask me and not Shawn, Ophelia, or even my sister first. Shortly after their request, I realized they were worried I would be lonely now that I am living on my own.

Three months ago, Sol told me everything about how Abby planned for me to leave home. I came to slowly forgive her in time for bringing me back to The Moonshine pack.

I knew she was only looking out for me, but I want her to live her life only for her and not for me. She understood what I was coming from and agreed only on one condition. And that was to take Sol's advice that he had given her.

He proposed that after Abby and I get our links to the pack during the winter full moon, I move out of the pack house and live near the border of the pack close to the forest. I was strongly against the idea at first because then it would look like we were running away.

Eventually, I put my pride aside and told Abby that I wanted to move. We had to convince Cena and Esme of our idea. They explained how it could be dangerous and that we could just choose any other home in any district. Thanks to my pleading for days, they eventually agreed with the condition of strengthening patrol around my house."Tío Angel, now?" Elijah says tugging the side seam of my pants."Hm. Just a little longer. Let's wait for them to pull out of the driveway."

5...

4...

3...

2...

"Ok, now!" I yell loudly for Elijah to scamper off. He runs upstairs as fast as he can tripping on a few steps. I grab his bag while laughing internally at his attempt to make it up. I set it on the couch and go to the kitchen to prepare snacks for us for the afternoon.

This is my first time watching Elijah in my new home, so I know he is eager to look around.

"Tío Angel!!!" Elijah yells from the upper floor making my ears ring a little.