Extra- I was Born Ready

Angel's P.O.V

"Three towels?"

"Check."

"Sunscreen?"

"Check."

"Water?"

"Check."

"Glasses?"

"Check."

"Mm...change of clothes?"

"Check."

"Mm...I think that's everything. Esme said she'll be in charge of lunch." Abby says as she starts the car. I slam the trunk close and get into the back seat. Winda was in the front seat and I watch as she connects her phone to the car and start the music by shuffling her playlist. 

Esme had invited me to go to the pool with her, Alpha Cena, and Elijah to make up for my absence from Elijah's pre-k graduation. I was in the middle of my heat so I couldn't go, although I would have loved to go to his graduation since I never had one of my own. I ended up dropping out of high school during my freshman year so I don't know what it's like to graduate.

The drive to the pool was nothing short of a car filled with sing-a-longs and endearing jokes from both Abby and Winda. I was nervous about first, not knowing how to swim, and secondly, being half naked in front of strangers and I barely felt comfortable showing skin in front of Abby. But I am doing this for my little gamer.

Once we arrived at the place, I looked around confused because no pool was in sight. Shortly, Abby and I followed Winda as it seems as though she'd been here before. We walked a rocky trail that led behind a one-story building that resembles a hotel. The rocky trail then turns into a wooden pathway that revealed an enclosed outing area that is disconnected from the building. 

"Alpha and Luna reserved the entire place for us today. We don't have to worry about outsiders coming here." Winda says as we approach the pool that was starting to come into view ahead of us. I spotted Esme first; she was unpacking all of their things from their bags while Alpha Cena was rubbing sunscreen on Elijah. I started to speed up my pace once I caught sight of Elijah and I instinctively yelled out to him. 

"GAMER!" Elijah jerks around and almost instantly I see heavy tears in his eyes that were streaming down his face. I halted instantly and Elijah begins to run from his father, into my arms. I knelt and hugged Elijah like a lifeline. I could feel his hot tears soak into my shirt and I could feel him wipe his snot along with them. A minute later, he started to settle down once I began to stroke his hair. I pulled back and watched as he wiped his face from the remaining snot and tears. I helped in the process and rubbed my thumb across his tomato-red cheeks. 

"Tío Angel," he chokes out following a hiccup.

"Yes?" I said only. I didn't bother asking what was wrong because I learned that when people did, it only caused you to either cry harder or bring up bad memories, so I just decided to let Elijah guide the conversation.

"I want to swim." he cries out but no more tears were escaping his eyes. I was hesitant on wanting to question him but I took the chance on doing so anyway.

"Why don't you swim then?" I asked while dropping my bag from my shoulder and then tilting Elijah's head up with my index finger so that he was making eye contact with me. I smile softly hoping that he would calm down enough to speak clearly.

"He won't let me." he says turning and pointing at his father, Alpha Cena. I stand up and stare down at Elijah before looking at Alpha Cena. He was just watching us from one of the long chairs that were laid out next to the pool. He wasn't wearing a shirt which only revealed his rippling abs and toned biceps and he was wearing brown and black swim trunks. He had his auburn hair tied lazily in a bun and his beard is much shorter than the last time I saw him. Elijah's mother, Esme, was standing behind him, on the other side of the chair. She was wearing a long black see-through shawl that fell to her ankles. Underneath was a skin-tight one-piece bathing suit. The breast area of it was white while the rest of it is black.