Chapter 5: The Jedi Temple

Cara POV

I marveled at the elegance of the Jedi Temple as we walked inside. To think I would actually get to see the temple in person!

"I'll see you later, Senator Amidala." Anakin bid Padme goodbye.

"If you need anything, you know where to find me." Padme told Anakin before leaving. "It was nice meeting you Cara!" she turned. I waved back to her.

"I'm afraid you must wait outside while we talk to the Council." Obi-Wan told me.

"I don't mind waiting with Cara." Ahsoka offered.

"Thanks Ahsoka." I told her.

"I'll introduce you to my friends, especially Barriss. Oh what a coincidence, she's right there!" Ahsoka pointed. "Barriss!" Ahsoka called out to a Miruluan walking past us. "Meet my new friend Cara Kelen." she said as Barriss came towards us.

"I'm Barriss Offree." Barriss greeted me politely. "Any friend of Ahsoka is a friend of mine."

***********

Obi-Wan POV

"A peculiar situation, this is." Yoda said. "A name I have not heard in a long time, Master Yael is."

"Is it wise to allow Cara to continue her training?" Adi Mundi asked. "It would be easy to let Grogu train with the other younglings, but Cara is already far too old."

"She didn't receive all the training the others in the Jedi Temple did, so she may not be ready." Windu seconded.

"But Master Yael trained her. Is that not enough?" Anakin piped up.

"My Padawan has a point. Although Master Yael left the Order long ago, we must put our faith in her." I said.

"If we were to continue her training, who would train Cara?" Kit Fisto asked.

"Most of us already have Padawans." Shaak Ti noted.

"Why don't we put her through the Jedi Initiate Test?" Gallia said.

"On this, we need to meditate." Yoda said.

*************

Cara POV

"The Council is ready to see you." Anakin told me and wrung my hands nervously.

"You will get used to it." Ahsoka said as I went inside.

"Cara Kelen, you feeling, how are?" Yoda asked.

"Nervous, but grateful to be rescued by the Jedi." I answered truthfully.

"Your thoughts dwell on Master Yael and Grogu." Windu seemingly read my mind.

"Sorry to hear about Master Yael, we are." Yoda said.

"Master Yael was truly a wonderful master." I said sadly. "But I-I know she would want me to continue on with my training if possible, and take care of Grogu."

"Been informed that you would like to continue your training, we have." Yoda continued.

"Yes Master Yoda." I nodded.

"What do you know about the Jedi Mantra?" Windu asked me.

"It was one of the first things Master Yael taught me." I recalled. "There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony. There is no death, there is the Force." I recited.

"Indeed, that's correct." Kit Fisto said and the Council members murmured and I waited outside while they had another meeting.

**************