Chapter 3: Ilum

Cara POV

(at Ilum)

I shivered despite the warm shawl I had draped over my clothes

I shivered despite the warm shawl I had draped over my clothes. I could see every breath that I exhaled in the icy air. It felt like eternity as I trudged through the snow to find a cave. I could feel the crystals... they were resonating with energy. I entered the cave to see a waterfall and I had a gut feeling I should pass through it. I remembered Yael's words that there was a certain time limit before the waterfall froze over, and indeed as I stepped through the waterfall and turned around, the water started to turn to ice. I must hurry! I continued in through the icy cave. There was ice on the sides of the cave and icicles hung from the ceiling. I soon came to a path that split into two. I closed my eyes and felt a pull towards the right, so I continued on the right side to an icy lake. I gasped as a hooded figure appeared behind me all of a sudden.

"Who are you?" I took a step back.

"My dear, I'm you." The figure removed her hood to reveal me with yellow Sith eyes and a red lightsaber.

"I-I would never become a Sith." I stuttered.

"But you need the power to save others." evil me insisted. She took a step closer. "After all that's what you wish to do right? Deep down in your heart I know you want to save your beloved Star Wars characters."

"Well... I do want to save them-" I started before I was interrupted by voices.

I turned to the lake to see Obi-wan, Anakin, Ahsoka, Padme, and many other Jedi and clones lying on the ground in a near death state.

"No!" I gasped and rushed over to them.

"You failed to save us." they said weakly. "You were too weak." I was at a loss for words. I shouldn't change the plot, but I also wanted to save them.

"Can't you see? You don't belong here. You'll never be accepted into the Jedi Order." Evil me taunted. I took a deep breath. I must not dwell on negative thoughts.

"I was brought here for a reason, even if I don't know it yet.' I said shakily. "I will do whatever the Force wills me to do." I looked at Evil me in the eye. "Begone!"

As soon as I said that, Evil me and the other Star Wars characters disappeared, and a golden/yellow kyber krystal appeared in front of me. A yellow color? That's quite rare! I grabbed the crystal and placed it in my pocket. The cave started to shake violently so I quickly ran towards the entrance, narrowly escaping in time. I was filled with pride when I finally built my lightsaber and turned it on. It was every Star Wars fan's dream to build a lightsaber. I boarded my ship and headed back to the planet where Master Yael was.

 I boarded my ship and headed back to the planet where Master Yael was

**********

"Master Yael!" I called as I headed towards the village. "I'm back..." I trailed off when the village was deserted. "Master Yael!" I shouted as I ran into her hut. I saw her on the bed looking pale. "What happened?" I said in concern.

"While you were gone, there was a plague." Yael said before she coughed violently. "It is deadly to our species."

"But I couldn't have been gone for more than a week." I said concerned.

"You must head to the Jedi Temple in Coruscant. Find Yoda. I've nothing more to teach you." Yael said weakly.

"No I can't leave you!" I held her hand as tears formed in my eyes.

"Cara, you must go." Yael insisted. "Please take Grogu and leave."

"We can make it through and you'll recover soon." I said and I placed a wet cloth on Yael's forehead to lower her fever. Then I went to check on the other villagers and made some medicinal broth for everyone. But even after two weeks, they didn't show any signs of recovering.

"We both know that I don't have long." Yael said sadly. "So please, you must go... my padawan." With the last of her energy, she handed me her necklace made of silver beads (perhaps that's why Grogu loves metal spheres?). I sobbed as Yael became one with the Force.

I lowered my head in sadness and picked up Grogu before leaving.

*********

"Grogu, I really don't know where we are going or how long the ship will last but we just have to trust in the Force like Master Yael said." I told Grogu. I started the engines and let the Force guide me. After what felt like days, I felt a dark presence, and my hand automatically moved to shift the gear to that direction. Grogu soon fell asleep again.

"We're in the middle of a space battle!" I gasped as I appeared in front of a large spaceship. It was General Grievous's ship, the Malevolence.

"No no no!" I shouted as I felt a tractor beam pull me into the ship. "Grogu I hope you don't mind hiding in my knapsack for a while." I said, before gently lifting Grogu's sleeping form.