Chapter 4: The Malevolence

Anakin POV

"Press on with the attack on Grievous' ship." Obi- Wan ordered.

"Hold on, two ships appeared on our radar. A Naboo spaceship and an ARC-170 Starfighter." Anakin looked up from the monitor.

"What are they doing here?" Ahsoka asked.

"I'll contact the ships." I said. "Naboo cruiser, identify yourself."

"This is Senator Amidala." a voice replied and a hologram appeared.

"Padme! What are you doing here?!" I exclaimed.

"I was sent on a special mission. The Senate was told the Banking Clan wanted to negotiate a banking treaty." Padme replied.

"You must get out of here!" I urged. "Padme! What's happening!" I asked when her hologram shook.

"I'm being pulled inside by a tractor beam. I will not be made a bargaining chip with the Separatists. You must destroy the monstrous ship. Continue your attack." Padme insisted.

I clenched my fists. I will not put my wife in danger. "Halt the attacks." I ordered.

"And what about the other ship?" Obi-Wan asked and I contacted the other ship.

"I-I'm Cara Kelen... I got lost... Jedi Temple... please help..." a feminine voice replied but the signal was weak.

"Anakin... we must rescue the Padawan as well. We can't just leave her on the Malevolence." Obi-Wan said.

"I know. It's all the more reason to get on the ship." I told Obi-Wan.

*********

Cara POV

"Hello? Can you hear me?" Why isn't my transmitter working anymore?! I frantically pressed the various controls to no avail. I heard footsteps approaching so I silently exited my ship hoping to find some escape pods. I walked carefully through the lower levels, before someone clamped a hand over my mouth and pulled me behind a corner.

"Careful, there are droids." a voice said. I turned around to see a brunette woman with braids, and a golden droid. "Don't be alarmed, I'm a senator from Naboo, Senator Amidala." Padme said.

"And I'm CP3O." the golden droid said.

"Cara Kelen. It's lovely to make your acquaintance, Senator Amidala and CP3O, but we must get off this ship first." I whispered.

"Fear not Cara, I'll contact my Jedi friends, Anakin and Obi-Wan." Padme said, and she hacked into a transmitter in the lower levels of the ship.

"Anakin, we're on the lower levels." she said as I was on the lookout for droids.

"Padme, are you alright?" Anakin asked.

"I'm fine for now, but droids are everywhere." Padme told Anakin. "I'm with a Padawan named Cara Kelen."

"Stay put and we'll come find you guys. Obi-Wan and I are on board now." Anakin replied. 

"What?! What are you doing here?" Padme asked.

"We came to rescue you and Cara. Ahsoka, how can we get off the ship?" Anakin asked over his comm.

"According to our scans, there's an empty space in the center of the ship." Ahsoka replied. "It should be halfway between you guys."

"Padme, meet me at the center of the ship." Anakin said.

"We'll be there." Padme said.

********

"This is where we are supposed to meet right?" I peered down at a cargo port.

"Anakin is probably late again." Padme sighed.