chapter 20

Bold and underlined is signed language
Bold and tilt is writing in notebook
No font is normal talking

Poppy's pov

It's been a week since we got back from school. And a week since Creek has threatened me. Everytime me and my friends walk by the school halls, Creek,Meena and her friends have been giving bad smirks at me. My friends have been protective of me ever since the incident with Creek. I mean I don't blame them, I keep having the feeling that something bad will happen. I really want to tell someone but with the threat that Creek gave me, I feel like I should wait for the right time to tell someone.

I've been staring at my ceiling for the past 2 hours and I've done literally nothing!! *sighs* what can I do to pass the time? Hmm? Maybe I can practice for my performance for the talent show. I'm surprised that Ryan let me participate in it. I mean knowing him he would take major security safety for me, but I'm glad he didn't. And I'm glad that my family didn't see my bruises thanks to Holly and Delta's make up experience.

I got up from bed, head to my desk and started to think lyrics for a new song or at least think if I should do the songs that I wrote a while ago. Ugh why do I have make a decision out of school talent show!? Oh yeah that's right, hehe a few famous people will be there. *sighs* why!?😫😖

Branch's pov

It's a Saturday and I am so bored. I'm here on my bed staring at the ceiling for the past hour and got nothing to do. I still have no idea what I am going to do for the talent show. I mean almost everyone knows what to do except me, I think.

Melissa: Branch!! Lunch is ready!!

Branch: coming!!

I got out of bed and head downstairs. Luckily my parents are here for lunch  that way we can all talk. I sat down in my chair waiting for lunch, I look at my left Arlo struggling to get on the chair, so I helped him. I saw the food and fruits well placed on the table. Everyone started to grab some food on their plates, I really love grandma's  chicken sandwich. We all had some conversations about school, friends, life and basically other stuff we can all talk about. But then my parents started to give "tips" on how to treat a girl or in this case, girlfriend.

Miranda: so branch found anyone in particular lately?

Branch: *sighs* no mom and you and dad already have this conversation already. *starts to get annoyed*

Miranda: and we'll keep on doing so if you found the right person.

Branch: *groans* why do you guys always want to bring up my love life? You know it's private

Jules: well we do know how you get around girls, especially the pretty ones. And plus everytime you date someone-

Branch: they always date for money, fame, and looks", I know. But I've grown up, I know who to choose this time and plus, I was in middle school.

Melissa: yeah and you were pretty messed up. Hahaha remember puberty bro. *starts laughing hard*

Branch: hey!!! *gets annoyed and blushes*

Rosiepuff: Melissa that's not nice.

Melissa: hehe sorry grandma *snickers silently*

Branch: Grrrr. *sighs* Also why are you guys bringing up my love life? You guys didn't set up a date for me did you? 😑

Miranda: of course not sweetie. We know how you get when we interfere with your dates.

Jules: Son look we know you want to find your special someone when you were in middle school, but being a teenager at your age, you tend to forget what your looking for and always fall for the ones who manipulate you.