chapter 7

Bold and underlined is signed language
Bold and tilt is writing
No font is normal

Nobody's pov

As time went by in school, Poppy is so far ok with her classes and some people are nice to her. Even though she is deaf, other people sometimes makes fun of her behind her back. Poppy knows how people interact with her or from a far. People may mock her, but she knows that she is not stupid.

A few hours past by and the bell rang for lunch time. Everyone was now on there way to the cafeteria. Poppy was  beside her class waiting for Stix to pick her up for lunch. She sees Stix in the distance coming towards her.

Stix: *gasping for air* ha sorry I had to run from class to you hah!!

Poppy: woah its ok. I know it was exhausting for your part to look after me.

Stix: hey its alright. Anyway let's go get lunch. I can't wait for you to meet my friends that I made here.

Poppy: ok let's go.

Stix: are you sure you want to meet them? I know how you get when meeting new people

Poppy: I think I'll be fine. I mean yeah meeting new people and the school does make me nervous, but I think I can handle it.

Stix: ok then. If you are feeling uncomfortable, then tell me, ok?

Poppy: ok. Now let's go get lunch cause I'm starving.

Stix: hehe ok let's go

Both girls are now heading to the cafeteria for lunch. When they arrived there, Poppy couldn't believe that they're a lot of people doing random stuff in the cafeteria. And as for her anxiety, she was getting nervous that she thinks that she will get lost with Stix. But Stix assured that Poppy won't get lost. They both got their lunch and Stix was looking around for her friends table. She found her friends and told Poppy to follow her.

As they were walking towards Stix's friends, Stix noticed that half of the students are whispering some bad stuff about poppy. And that made Stix mad, but she has to keep her anger in so that poppy won't notice something wrong. But knowing poppy, she already knows that some people are whispering about her. So she pushes that aside so that Stix won't worry her.

All the boys and girls are now enjoying their lunch and they are talking about the new girl in school.

Holly: have you guys met the new girl yet?

Hickory: me, Branch, and Barb did. And guess what Barb was actually being good friend to her

Branch: and we saw that she was giggling 😏

Barb: 😳😤 I swear I will destroy you both

Branch: you wouldn't even try it

Tails: I've met the new girl her name was poppy. Me and Laguna at math.

Laguna: yep. Tails and I were surprised at how smart she is and what we found out about her

Everyone else who doesn't know Poppy: what?

Barb:*sighs* she's actually deaf

The group: *gasp*

Val: oh that's rough