Watcher of the Woods

Start from the beginning

A sharp stab pricks my back as the gargoyle  took the advantage, slashing at me with his claws  pushing me back with his tail towards the barrier. His initial attack wasn't enough to draw blood, but it was enough to stir up the fierce battle blood in my veins.

The gargoyle  was blown back by dazzling shots from both staff and palm, dodging here and there from the explosive bursts as the tips of his wings are singed. When it came at me again I blasted him violently against the stone wall. He was jolted by the electric field I summoned and lay there stunned. Though he wasn't down for the count, he quickly regained his footing, gliding across the ground wings splayed and spear pointed.

I sent him crashing backwards with the blunt force of my staff, summoning a divine light to stun him and pummeled him mercilessly into the dirt. He could not land a proper blow on me since his eyes were momentarily dazed so I overtook him, striking my staff with the precision and power of any sword and decapitating him with ice.

The massive werewolf  charged  like a bull, hoping to grab hold of me and slam me face first into the ground. His claws managed to swipe me in the chest, making me scream and nearly double over. Fuck!! Blood rage stirred from the inflicted wound. Without even knowing I was capable of it, and without even discovering it while training, I swung up my staff feeling a jolt of energy run up my arm as a blue beam of light erupted from the earth and shot the unfortunate foe right through the face.

"Serves you right, shithead!" I cussed at the collapsed beast with a gaping hole up his skull. His lizard-like companion charged as his companion who I repeated the same action with more might and potency.

All that was left was the Malebranche, a more powerful demon with higher intelligence. He attacked with calculated blows, seeing when I was about to strike and swooping out of reach when I moved to attack him. its shots dug into my skin biting me like embers. I repeated my upward beam strike, stunning him in place and racing for the attack.

"I will not go down easy, Messenger." He snarled beneath his concealed face miraculously blocking a heavy blow.
You're still going down nonetheless."

The demon hissed a curse between its teeth jabbing its spear. "Is that the best you can do?"

"No." I warned with the fire blazing in my heart. "This is." Raising my staff to the skies I let my divine light channel through, erupting from the staff in an explosive firework. A shattering boom echoed in the air and a crackling burst of red littered the skies around me, its powerful blast defeating my foe at once. The Malebranche's wings burned in white fire before immolating the screaming demon completely.

"You gotta me kidding me!" I snarled at an oncoming swarm of fleamen hopping their way with teeth bared and axes raised.  Only one way to take care of fleas.  I fled them, tracing my staff in the ground while running.  From the caravan carts it must've looked as if I was running away with my tail between my legs. Couldn't be less from the truth.

I whistled at the fleamen, drawing their attention with shots from my staff.  When I appeared to be surrounded, I gave a determined smirk and with both hands , struck my staff into the ground  activating the glyph. Light 'em up! The signs and curves  glowed. The heat of my glyphs burned across my body and my vision cast in grey . Every  night creature within  the circle was blasted. Screaming in agonizing murder as their skin and muscles sloughed off, leaving nothing but piles of charred bones.

"And that's that." I sighed, turning to the caravan carts and their stunned onlookers. Pride of a good deed swelled in my heart. Defending humanity from the forces of Hell. This is what I was meant to do.

"It's alright." I approached. "You're safe now." I instinctively gripped the hilt of my sword when I heard the unsheathing of others.  "Stay away from us sorceress!" An armored guard warned. The other men  had their weapons  at ready  shielding the woman and children. All of their eyes, armed or not, cast on me in fear and hatred.