022 | New Years

BTW guys! just a quick psa. yo gal is gonna go thru it this season. i was torn between making Aimee have a better season than last season but then i forgot how much i LOVE angst. therefore her internal turmoil is back and worse than ever.

~*•*~

AIMEE DRAGGED HERSELF out of her bed and downstairs to the kitchen where EJ was sat at the island scrolling on his phone. "Are you actually keeping that?" she scoffed looking at his face

"It's facial hair Aimee" EJ scoffed back "I'm keeping it until i find out what musical we're doing this year"

"yeah alright" Aimee shrugged picking up a slice of bread and popping it in the toaster

"You going to Ashlyn's later?" He asked her

Aimee nodded "I'm heading over to Ricky's before hand, help him start packing for the move"

"When are they moving?" EJ asked

"I don't think they're moving til February but Mike wants to put some stuff in storage and go through what they do and don't need" Aimee shrugged

EJ nodded as Aimee pulled her toast out the toaster and started eating. "The team and i are going to the soup kitchen at 3 so i can drop you off on the way if you want?"

"Sure, what time is it now?" Aimee muttered around her toast

"1:30"

"WHAT" Aimee spluttered "i could have swore it was 9 when i woke up"

"you better get ready then" EJ shrugged, chuckling slightly at the shocked expression on his sisters face.

Aimee nodded as she took off to her room to start getting ready for the New Year's eve party.

~*•*~

RICKY PULLED OPEN the door to his house singing the words to Bet On It, grinning when he saw his girlfriend climbing out of her best friends car. She waved him goodbye and told him she'd see him later before running towards her boyfriend and jumping into his arms.

"Happy new year's eve to you too baby" he grinned

Aimee grinned as he sat her down "New year New me" she giggled "of course i don't need to change because i'm perfect"

"That you are" Ricky grinned pecking her lips "Come on i wanna show you something"

The next few hours Ricky and Aimee spent time packing up, Ricky singing bet on it to her, and watching high school musical 2. Of course Aimee insisted on her and Ricky recreating the Sharpay and Gabriella scene into Gotta go my own way.

Aimee stood in front of Ricky with a serious expression of her face while Ricky tried to hide his amused smirk.

"i'm not interested in what you think your doing for troy, that's between you and him. but you're messing with my friends and my summer and that's not okay with me" Aimee stated

Ricky tried not to laugh "you don't like the fact that i won"

"what's the prize? troy? the star dazzle award? you have to go through all this just to get either one?" she said "No thanks Sharpay. you're very good at a game that i don't wanna play. so i'm done here, but you better step away from the mirror long enough to check the damage that will always be right behind you"

Aimee giggled as she finished, Ricky clapped and hollered over exaggerating his moved making her giggle more.

"I gotta say that was impressive" Ricky grinned placing his hands on her waist. He was about to lean in and kiss her when his Dad yelled up the stairs