Sirens From Above

Start from the beginning

I knew the guy had a bad sense of direction, but I didn't think it was this bad. As I walked around the shore, I slowly found that I wasn't walking on ice but sand. It wasn't until I was five feet out that I noticed I wasn't on land at all anymore. I was on a think layer of ice. I looked out to the ocean in front of me and saw a scene that I was all but used to. Natsu was floating on a giant ice chunk and was doubled over about to hurl over the edge.

"Guys I found Natsu!" I called onto the beach. Soon everyone came running.

"Honestly, that boy needs to get a hold of that motion sickness!" Carla complained from the ground beside Wendy.

"Aye! He really should." Happy pouted by my feet.

"Why are you not with Natsu?" I asked looking down at the blue cat.

"I lost him to. He went onto the ice and poof!" The cat made a gesture with his paws. "He was gone into the clouds. Good thing you guys showed up or he might have been lost forever!"

I rolled my eyes, I couldn't believe the flying cat didn't bring his friend back to shore. I made my stance to start my magic circle. "Ice make, bridge!" I placed my hands down on the already large ice shell, and watched as a long wide strip of ice connected Natsu's floating ice chunk to where we were standing.

"Wow thanks bud!" Natsu was up and walking within minutes. "I thought I was a goner, why did you wait so long?"

"It's not easy to find you on such a big beach you know!" I gave Natsu the dirtiest look I could muster, what was his deal? I just saved him found endless puking.

"Guys....I think there is something a little more important that we should be focusing on...." Wendy broke in. I looked back at her before following her gaze to its origin.

My jaw must have hit the floor, never before had I seen anything more beautiful or scary. A huge castle, made of ice, was a few hundred feet away. It was so beautifully crafted, that was something my maker magic could never do.

"Grey my love, you're drooling." Juvia creepily whispered into my ear.

"Ga! Juvia!" I freaked jumping away.

"Do you blame him for drooling?" Erza laughed. "I mean it is a giant castle made of ice, that couldn't have been easy for anyone to make. I bet that took years to make."

"It's just ice, there is nothing special about it." Rouge was glumly standing on the shore with the other Dragon Slayers.

"Yeah, what is so impressive about it?" Sting questioned from beside Rouge.

"To a maker magic user, this would be like a mini paradise." Lucy decided to way in now. "Grey must be in an ice heaven."

"Well, shall we get going?" Erza asked, requipping into what looked like a snowman suit.

"How are we going to get there?" Sting and Rouge asked in sink.

"We didn't bring our exceeds with us, we didn't want them to get hurt." Sting complained. I knew where he was coming from, I mean just a few weeks ago he had almost lost his little cat.

"Is that how you two always travel around?" Laxus asked, he must have been truly curious to break his silence.

"Pretty much." They answered together.

"How else are we supposed to get from place to place without motion sickness?" Rouge asked the question as if the answer was totally obvious. I noticed the look Laxus was giving him, and noticed that he shrunk down a foot or two.

"We take a boat." Erza announced. All the dragon slayers but Wendy shuttered.

"Uh-" I cut in. "I could make a bridge, they don't seem to be that far away."