Kraken Captain

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Welcome to Season 2 of Power Rangers Zoo-Keepers. Before we begin a few quick but important things to note. First off, if you're coming in fresh, then I think you should read Season 1 first for obvious reasons as, while this season isn't separate from the first, it will not recap new viewers on everything. Second, new season = new artwork, and I've got something special for you all. Redesigns for the Zoo-Keepers characters, only now with more time and effort put into them, better proportions, and as a bonus, 2 "new" characters (who will be added soon at the time of writing this) who I hadn't drawn until this point before. And of course, drawings from Season 1 will still be relevant, so here are the links you'll need because I refuse to constantly describe character designs in great detail.

Zoo-Keepers Season 2 Redesigns:
americanelephant/art/ZOO-KEEPERS-All-Key-Characters-Season-2-918186477

(Note: Download the artwork for Higher Image Resolution)

Washi Safari Zoo and Aquarium Map:
americanelephant/art/ZOO-KEEPERS-Washi-Safari-Zoo-and-Aquarium-Map-870237315

Washi Residence Layout:
americanelephant/art/Zoo-Keepers-Washi-Residence-and-Sanctum-871697015

And of course, if you enjoy this story and have the time, please let me know any critical feedback or suggestions you have. I'd love to get some discussion or interaction going and I'm very open to different or second opinions about how to be doing this stuff. Now, with that out of the way, let's Zoo Mode Go back into this with...!

_

EPISODE 23: KRAKEN CAPTAIN
(Adapted from "Megabeast Hunter")

We start this season off without any recaps and instead cut to Dolphin Coast during March and our first shot...is of Bottlenose Dolphins in the ocean! That's right! For the first time in this series, we get to see actual dolphins near the city named after them!

Following said shot by the city's harbor, we cut to the Washi Safari Zoo and Aquarium's North Gate. Then once that shot is done, we cut over to the Bald Eagle exhibit to see one of our heroes, Benny Washi, holding his Keeper Cube Morpher while sitting at his both, the camera slowly panning back from it while he appears to be reminiscing or maybe taking in how far he's come till this point. This also creates a nice contrast in comparison to Season 1.

The much more nervous young man originally holding his "good luck charm" a year ago now sits holding his Morpher with more confidence and a smile.

Suddenly, he's interrupted by his Eagle and Gorilla Cubimals popping up.

Benny: (whispering) What the—guys! You can't just pop up like this! Somebody could see you!

Jackie: In my experience, HEARING them is more likely.

He looks up while hearing this to see Jackie Sanders walking up with a warm smile and a bag in her hand-labeled "Titanic Taste".

Benny: (smiles) Ah. Good. Lunchtime.

We then jump ahead a few minutes later with the two already far into their lunches; Benny's finishing up a hot dog and Jackie's having a sandwich with some fish in it.

Jackie: And then BAM. I see a whole row of Lionfish chilling on the rocks!

Benny: Aren't they invasive to those waters?

Jackie: Yep. It spooked the heck out of me.

Benny: Well, that's what you get for diving in Florida.

Jackie: (chuckles) Guess so. Alright, your turn. Crazy vacation experience. (takes a bite)