Yami Vs Neji

The next day Yami and Sasuke were walking toward the academy and at the gate of the academy, they saw Sasuke's classmates discussing something at the gate. As they reached the gate they saw Sasuke's classmates were thinking something very deeply and they had their backs toward Sasuke and Yami so they didn't see them coming. The first one to notice Sasuke and Yami was Naruto.

"Hey Sasuke your late today and Yami are you here to drop Sasuke at the academy?" Naruto asked and the entire group looked back. Everyone's eyes were fixed on Yami as they hadn't seen him for 8 months and he had grown quite a lot. He looked even more cold and handsome than Sasuke and no one could tell that he was 3 years younger than Sasuke.

"YOU STUPID...why would Sasuke need his little brother to drop him at the academy?" Pink-haired Sakura said while punching Naruto's head.

"Hey Yami how are you?" Ino asked with a bright smile on her face. For many months she wanted to meet Yami but every time she asked Sasuke about his whereabouts of Yami he would say that Yami is at home.

Shikamaru looked at Yami and noticed that Yami's strength had increased a lot. He was also curious as to why Yami was here so he asked.

"Yami what are you doing here early in the morning?"

"I enrolled in the academy yesterday. I am getting late guys I will see you later" Yami said as he left. Seeing his back Ino yelled "BYE YAMI. SEE YOU AFTER CLASS" but Yami only waved his hand. Ino was happy that he at least didn't ignore her completely.

"Oh, so Yami is our junior now." Naruto said proudly.

"He is younger than you but still way better than you idiot. And what are you so proud about" Sakura said.

"He isn't our junior but our senior. He was directly promoted to class 3-A" Sasuke said making everyone's jaws drop.

"H-How? Isn't he just 5 years old?" Sakura asked.

"In the world of Shinobi age doesn't matter, skill does" The voice of a man came from behind the group. They looked back and saw Iruka sensei standing with a small smile.

"IRUKA SENSEI...Did you see Yami's assessment?" Naruto asked in an excited tone. Even Sasuke looked at Iruka as Yami hadn't told him anything about the assessment.

"Let's just say Yami defeated two genins by just looking at them and he didn't even have to move" hearing almost gave the entire group a heart attack.

'I knew his Genjutsu is strong but this isn't what I expected' Sasuke and Shikamaru thought.

"Now everyone go to your class. Today is your test and I hope none of you forgot it" Iruka said and the smile from everyone's face disappeared.

Meanwhile, Yami entered class 3-A and saw that almost everyone was present and he was most likely the last. He went to the last bench and sat in the corner beside a window. Some people noticed him including the girls who were sneaking glances at him. Neji for some reason was uncomfortable with Yami being in his class. Neji was the top-ranked in this class, but no one talked to him because of his silent nature.

'What is the academy thinking about letting such a young kid in our class? And on top of that, he is an Uchiha. I didn't even know that the Uchiha clan had someone with blue eyes.' Neji thought.

After a few minutes, Tanaka walked in and everybody greeted him as they normally do. He looked at Yami and just nodded. He looked at everyone, took a big breath, and said.

"Today is 1v1 matches. Everyone let's go-to training ground 2." Tanaka said and all the students followed him. After reaching the grounds he declared the names of who will be fighting whom. The last matchup shocked the class.

Neji Hyuga vs Yami Uchiha

"Making the topper fight with the new kid? What is sensei thinking?" One boy said.

"Maybe Sensei wants to show the new kid how strong the students of class 3-A are" Another boy said.

'Why am I fighting with a 5-year-old? This is a complete waste of time' Neji thought. His anger towards the Main clan of the Hyuga could now be seen in his everyday behavior. He had heard that the only clan good enough to compare to the Hyuga clan was the Uchiha clan and seeing a 5-year-old Uchiha being in the same class as him didn't sit well with Neji.

All the matches went on 1 by 1. Seeing them fight the only thought Yami had in his mind was

'Even as third-year students, they are very weak. Even the clan students aren't any special'

At last the match with everyone wanted to see including the teacher was taking place. Neji and Yami stood opposite each other. Tanaka had heard about Yami from Iruka and Kurenai but had never seen Yami in action.

Neji takes his gentle-fist stance while Yami was just standing quietly with hands in his pockets.

"START" Tanaka announced and Neji rushed towards Yami. He threw his palm towards Yami's shoulders but Yami easily dodged it by sidestepping. This came as a surprise to Neji who wanted to seal Yami's chakra points and end the match in mere seconds. Neji threw 2 more gentle fists at Yami but those attacks were dodged again. Neji squatted and performed a low kid and as the kick was about to knock Yami off-balance, Yami jumped forward and stepped on the squatted Neji's shoulder and jumped behind Neji creating some distance. The expression on Yami's face didn't change during the whole ordeal but the expressions of the people around him were a sight to behold.

Everyone expected that either Yami will lose instantly or just struggle under Neji's attacks for a few seconds and get defeated but what they were seeing was Yami toying with Neji.

Neji stood up and looked back to see Yami standing calmly with hands in his pockets. He touched his shoulder where Yami had stepped on as he couldn't believe what just happened was real. His serious expression started turning into frustration and then anger. He had never been humiliated like this in his entire life.

Neji turned on his byakugan and he was shocked for a second 'What is this chakra? It is so dense and pure. His chakra capacity is also high chunin level and he is just 5 years old? Now it makes sense how he is in our class and why Tanka sensei matched him against me but still, he won't be able to defeat my gentle fists technique. He must have definitely unlocked his Sharingan by now.'

"Turn on your Sharingan or else you might regret it later." Neji said as he wanted to fight Yami at his full power.

"No need" Yami said as he pulled out his hands from his pocket and rushed towards Neji. The excitement of the students around them was brimming.

"Big Mistake... Gentle-fists 8 Triagrams Revolving Heaven" Neji said as he started revolving and a blue shield of chakra was created around him. He expected Yami to sense the danger of this move and stop but seeing Yami who was still rushing a smile appeared on Neji's face.

Yami reached near Neji and threw his hand inside the chakra shield. Neji was expecting Yami's hand to be blown back but he saw that Yami's hand hit Neji's wrist breaking the revolving heaven's momentum.

Neji's eyes were wide open as he didn't expect his most powerful move to be destroyed with a single strike. (I know his eyes were already wide open because he was using his byakugan but now they were open even wider)

Write a review if you like reading this novel.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 extra chapters on Patreon

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in synopsis