Yami Vs Lee Part 5

As Lee turned the only words he could blurt out was "W-What are you?"

Yami's entire body was covered in blue lightning. It looked like he had worn a shining blue cloak. His hands and legs were five claws made of lightning. Even though everyone thought lightning was extremely unstable, Yami's lightning cloak and claws looked tangible. Even Kakashi who had a good amount of control over his lightning element didn't think that someone could stabilize lightning enough to create an opaque jutsu. For all he knew, none of the elements were tangible enough to be used like this except water which can be frozen and used as a weapon.

'How can he wear lightning like this? Even the Raikages who use lightning armor cannot cover themselves totally like this. How is Yami not getting shocked by wearing such thick lightning?' Kakashi's mind was full of questions. He looked around Yami and saw that the amount of lightning hitting the surrounding area wasn't much. In fact, it was way less than usual.

'He can control the lightning to such extent? What a monster' was the thought Kakashi had.

The back of Yami's head was also covered with lightning. The only part of his entire body that was visible was his eyes and half of his nose. Yami didn't reply to what Lee blurted out. He looked at Lee and said "I didn't use my sword."

Lee frowned and asked "Then how did you cut me?" Yami simply turned his head to one side as if indicating to look at his back and the next second two wings appeared on Yami's back. These wings were blue as well but unlike other lightning, the edges of these wings looked sharp as a sword.

Hiruzen who was sitting in his chair straightened up which didn't go unnoticed by the people around him. Shikaku looked at Hiruzen and asked "Is anything the matter Hokage-sama?"

"This kid...he changed the lightning hound jutsu according to his own will and applied it to his own body."

Iruka was a little shocked when he heard that. Shikaku had told him about Hiruzen giving Yami some techniques but he didn't expect Yami to do something like this. He looked at Hiruzen and asked "Are you sure Hokage-sama? The lightning hound technique is an S-ranked jutsu and applying such a technique to your own body would kill the person the moment an attempt like this is made."

Hiruzen smiled and said "You are right Iruka but we can't deny the fact that this kid has managed to do it. Lightning this thick and stable is only possible with the lightning hound jutsu. Just now when Yami created those wings on his back, logically it should have taken some amount of lightning chakra from the full-body cloak he is wearing. But the cloak didn't lose even an ounce of power and the wings were created by adding more lightning chakra."

Orochimaru, disguised as the Kazekage was impressed by his sensei's observation. He looked at Hiruzen and said "Your observation is spot on Lord Hokage. You really are worthy of being called the professor."

Near the railings on the 1st floor, Sasuke looked at his sensei and asked "Kakashi sensei, you and Yami did train a lot in ninjutsu. Did you teach him this?" All eyes turned to Kakashi, even Neji, and Guy. Guy who had expected Lee to showcase a tremendous amount of power in this match after opening the fifth gate never imagined that Yami who he only taught simple taijutsu had grown to such an extent. Guy wasn't sad at seeing Lee get overpowered, as the teacher of Yami he was proud.

Kakashi shook his head and said "Nope...I have no idea. Me and Yami did try many things with lightning chakra but I have never seen this move. I thought Yami didn't practice the S-ranked jutsu because he wanted to wait a couple of years and it was the logical thing to do as S-ranked jutsus require a ton of chakra and could also harm the user if not properly used. But it turns out that the reason Yami didn't train that jutsu is that he wanted to mold it as per his own wish."

The main issue with such a full-body cloak, claws, and wings was that one needed a constant supply of pure chakra to maintain it and even stabilize it. Yami knew that no one in the shinobi world had or has a chakra core to supplement chakra of such proportion. Yami did try making some changes in a lightning hound but he couldn't do much as this technique relied on the instability of lightning chakra. Yami had managed to create his cloak only as a pumped-up version of lightning armor and the claws for assassination. This was the first time he managed to combine them together and to his surprise, they made good full-body protection.

As for the wings, they just happened. When Yami was in the air and he thought to slash Lee's back to weaken him more, the wings appeared on their own and slashed at Lee. Yami expected to be tired after using this for a few seconds but to his astonishment, his chakra core was working like a nice oiled machine and it was taking in the chakra from the surrounding at the same speed as it was spending. It felt like his chakra core had been liberated.

Lee who had started feeling the effects of opening the 5 gates wanted to take concrete action at the earliest. As he took a step further, Yami also took a step further but the only difference was when everyone saw Yami take a single step slowly, he instantly appeared beside Lee just facing the other side. His left hand which was a claw was on Lee's face. A small amount of lightning made Lee stiff and before he could overcome that effect, he was banged on the ground.

-----------------------------

To read 10 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.

I am writing a novel called 'Soul Spirit Ascension' on webnovel. Give it a read and let me know how you like it.