Guy's Successor

'If they were able to manipulate Sasuke's matchup in the canon, then why didn't they do the same to matchup Kabuto with me? MANNNN....things are changing so weirdly that I am starting to have a hard time.' Yami thought. After Yami's match was over, a few more matches happened. None of them were interesting. Even Sasuke was matched up with some weakling who surrendered under a minute. Luckily there were no deaths or too serious injuries while those matches happened.

Iruka stood at the podium and announced "Now let's see who are the participants of the next match?"

Everyone looked at the hanging display and the next second the names were displayed

YAMI UCHIHA Vs ROCK LEE

Everyone standing at the railings looked at Lee and Yami as they were standing side by side. By this time Neji and Ino had also returned and stood with the others. Guy quickly beamed and said "Wow a fight between my two youthful students. I will cheer for both of you. I hope you both win." Guy said as he tried to hug Yami and lee together.

"Guy how can both win? It can be a draw at most." Kakashi said as he sighed. Kurenai couldn't help but giggle seeing the antics. She knew that it was always like that. Guy would behave as he wants and Kakashi was left to handle the mess. As a friend, Kakashi had to do his duty of correcting his friend.

Lee whose excitement was clearly visible on his face looked at Yami and said "Yami, I always wanted to fight you with full power and now I have gotten the opportunity. I won't hold back one bit and I expect the same from you."

Orochimaru sitting beside Hiruzen also had a smile on his face. He wanted Yami to be matched up against someone strong and according to the information Kabuto had provided him, Lee was one of the strong ones. A kid who had no talent for conjuring chakra and still worked hard to become a shinobi. He was also someone who could be considered someone who was on his way to becoming a taijutsu specialist.

Yami and Lee started walking down toward the stage. Yami felt a headache coming. He had a hunch that Lee will truly use his true power and that means that Yami may not be able to hold back as well. As they were going to the stage, a discussion erupted at the spectators' railings.

"Who do you think will win?" Naruto asked Sasuke. Sasuke crossed his hands and said "Of course, my brother Yami will win. He has always been the strongest. Sasuke's pride over his little brother trumped his pride as an Uchiha. Ino also jumped in the middle of the conversation and said "No one can defeat Yami and even Lee knows that. Even in the academy, Lee wasn't able to defeat Yami. Isn't that right, sensei?" Ino asked looking at Asuma. She guessed as the son of the Hokage, Asuma might know things like these.

Asuma gave an embarrassing smile and said "I don't know Ino. Dad never let me open Yami's file nor did he let me open Lee's and Neji's files. You will have to ask Guy or Neji about this."

Hinata who was listening to all this quietly looked at Neji whose eyes were focused on his teammates who were about to fight "Big B-brother Neji...can you tell us about it?"

Over the past few days, Neji had started taking the initiative to come and train with Hinata. Even her father Hiashi was personally guiding them during their training. This is why Hinata felt comfortable asking her brother such a question without much hesitation.

Neji looked to the side toward the group of genins and the jonins who were looking at him with eyes filled with questions. "What Ino is saying is true. During our academy days, I and Lee tried countless times to defeat Yami but were always unsuccessful. But things have changed a lot since our academy days. As someone who aspires to become a taijutsu specialist like our sensei, Lee's strength has increased by leaps and bounds. He has been taught techniques by our sensei which were taught to him by his dad. Even me and Yami haven't been taught them. Sensei says that Lee is suitable for it and he is passing on the technique to Lee.'

Hearing that Guy taught his father's technique to Lee, Kakashi's head instantly turned toward Lee and this sudden movement was noticed by everyone including Kurenai and Asuma.

"Guy, don't tell me...you taught the kid that technique?" Kakashi asked with a shocked look on his face. Guy confidently nodded and said "Yes Kakashi...I have decided that Lee will bemy successor and so it is his rightful responsibility to master that technique."

"What technique are you guys talking about?" Kurenai asked. She had never seen Guy use the eight gates and so she didn't even think that Guy would have such a powerful technique.

Guy looked back at the stage and said "Don't worry everyone. The suspense won't remain for long and all of you will see Lee use that technique and I am sure Yami is strong enough to push Lee to do it."

Everyone who was in the tower including the guards of the Hokage, Hayate, and the genins from other villages like Kankuro, Gaara, and Temari, were all pretty amused hearing the conversation happening between the hidden leaf squads. Even they wanted to see what this technique is that Guy is so confident about. Baki and his team knew how strong Yami was. He had clearly shown his prowess when he fought at the bandit valley a year ago.

Yami and Lee stood in front of each other. Yami didn't unsheathe his sword and went into a taijutsu stance. Lee got happier seeing that he will have a taijutsu fight with Yami. He knew that eventually Yami will use ninjutsu and kenjutsu but for a start, this was a good one.

"LET THE MATCH BEGIN"

------------------------------------

To read 10 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://p@treon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.

I am writing a novel called 'Soul Spirit Ascension' on webnovel. Give it a read and let me know how you like it.