Neji Vs Gaara Part 2

While all this fight was happening Kakashi quietly strode near Yami and asked "Do you think Neji can win this?"

Sasuke and Lee turned toward Yami to see what he would say. Even they could see Neji was struggling with Gaara's passive shield. Yami shook his head and said "Neji doesn't stand a chance."

All three who listened to this raised their eyebrows as they heard. They didn't expect Yami to predict his own teammate's loss directly. Kakashi just hummed at that and said "You seem too sure of that Yami."

Yami looked at his brother and then at lee and turned his head back to watch the fight. Kakashi guessed that whatever the answer to that was, Yami didn't want Lee and Sasuke to hear it. Kakashi also decided not to push the topic any further and looked at the fight.

Down on the stage, Neji had made several failed attempts to even touch Gaara but he wasn't successful. This matchup was flawed from the start. Just as Neji was panting he saw Gaara look at him and point a hand toward him. Neji's eyes widened as a wave of sand rushed out from the gourd toward Neji. He quickly jumped to the side and saw that the place where he stood was full of cracks after taking the brunt of the sand wave.

Gaara then waved his hand toward Neji and the sand turned into a curtain trying to envelop Neji into it. The curtain managed to fold and cover Neji. Everyone thought that Neji was now caught but then they saw a palm covered in chakra came out of the curtain and the next second Neji jumped out from it.

Temari who was watching from the side frowned a little as she saw this "How did he do that?" She also looked at Kankuro who just shrugged. Just as she was about to ask more questions, their jonin instructor Baki's voice came from behind "The Hyuga gentle fist seems to have the power to break Gaara's connection with the stand temporarily. The same thing happened when the Hyuga kid rotated. The sand was flicked back at Gaara.

Temari nodded and suddenly a proud expression appeared on her face as she said "Doesn't matter whatever trick Neji tries, he won't be able to even touch Gaara." Baki and Kankuro also agreed with Temari's statement. Gaara had completed numerous missions all these years but he hadn't even gotten a scratch so now a genin defeating him was out of the question.

As Neji came out of the curtain, he pulled out 4 shurikens from his pocket and threw them toward Gaara. He aimed them at Gaara's vital points so as to make him move from his initial place. Neji wanted to know if Gaara's sand control ability had any weaknesses or not. What he didn't expect was that Gaara didn't move at all. The shurikens pierced Gaara's vital points but the very next second they simply fell down on the ground and not a scratch was seen on Gaara's body.

Everyone who was watching this widened their eyes as they saw this. They didn't even see a drop of blood or his injuries healing at a faster pace. Everyone including Neji looked down at the fallen shurikens and they saw that there wasn't any blood on them.

'H-How is this possible?' Neji wondered. He then focused on Gaara's skin. Not just Neji, everyone wanted to find the answer to this mystery and surely after 2 seconds, they found the answer. Some sand lifted and vanished as it touched Gaara's skin.

'Did the sand get absorbed or something?' Naruto thought. He looked to the side and asked "Kakashi sensei what just happened? Where did the sand go?"

Before Kakashi could reply Kurenai gave an answer that startled everyone "He has a fake skin made of sand spread over his body as the last line of defense."

"B-But how is that possible? The amount of Chakra needed to keep a defense like that up would be phenomenal." Sakura said. This question wasn't raised only in Sakura's mind but also in the minds of the others.

"He would need a chakra pool as big as Naruto or Karin." Lee said in a daze.

Guy looked at Lee and asked "Who is Karin?"

The eyes of team 7 and Lee widened instantly. Lee said that name without thinking but he forgot that they had smuggled Karin out without telling anyone. Even naruto didn't have the time to take permission from Hiruzen. Unknowing that Yami had already talked about this and received permission as well.

Team Asuma and Team Kurenai were confused by the sudden behavior of their classmates. If they had the question as to who was Karin. Just as Lee was about to give an answer, Neji's voice was heard throughout the hall.

"I SURRENDER"

Everyone looked down and saw Neji who had numerous bruises on his body panting heavily and standing while his legs were shivering. Everyone including Hiruzen and Orochimaru had seen that Neji tried everything he could but couldn't touch Gaara and couldn't even stop the sand from attacking.

Neji had lost the battle but no one was disappointed in him as they all saw what he did there and no jonin instructor could say that Neji wasn't chunin material. Even Baki was shocked that a genin managed to stay standing in front of Gaara for this long.

Seeing that the fight was over because of Neji's surrender, Hayate started to slowly walk toward the center of the stage to announce the result.

"The winner of this match is...."

"No so soon...I am not done with him yet." Gaara said but this time instead of his usual calm expression, his eyes were wide and he had a big evil smile on his face.

'Why did this expression appear when things are so calm?' Yami thought. Today he was getting one shock over the other. He had started wondering whether his knowledge of the future could be depended on or not anymore.

A big hand made of sand rushed at the helpless Neji and at the same time purple lightning appeared on the railings of the first floor.

---------------------------

To read 10 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.

I am writing a novel called 'Soul Spirit Ascension' on webnovel. Give it a read and let me know how you like it.