Welcome

When Soph walked into the bedroom to tell Ciaran, he wasn't there. She could hear the gentle rainfall of the shower, and she knocked on the door.

"Yeah?" He answered. His tone wasn't wondering who it was. It almost seemed exasperated.

"Can I come in?"

She heard him exhale heavily. "Yeah."

She opened the door, peeking her head around the door, but making a point of not looking at him. She wasn't sure if he was in the mood for her to see him naked, or how angry he still was... so she just looked down.

"Hey"

He drew in a long breath. "Hey"

There was a weird, awkward silence between them. "Thanks for taking Kerry for a walk"

"That's okay. Um... Jess texted me. She's coming over."

His eyes went wide, and he turned the water off. "What'd she say? Is everything...?"

"The wedding's going ahead. Which means Jess successfully got Conor to tell her the full story of what's going on."

"Leverage" he whispered.

She nodded, and he studied her face. "Okay. What else did she say?"

"She wants me to tell Caitlin and A.J. to come"

Ciaran's face had the same worried expression she'd seen on Kelly's. An inkling of recognition of what had caused it all. Of who had caused it all.

"Oh my god." He whispered.

******

Caitlin and A.J. looked nervous as all fuck. But they sat on the couch next to each other, holding hands.

Liam and Kelly sat together as well, her legs over his.

Soph was pacing near the door with Ciaran, waiting for Jess to arrive. They heard a car pull up, and Ciaran looked out.

"It's her"

He opened the door for her, and Soph hugged her. "Thank you for coming"

"Thank you for not telling anyone," Jess said. She looked like she'd slept. Finally.

"How'd you know she hasn't?" Ciaran said, clearly a little annoyed.

Jess looked at Soph and smiled softly. "She promised me she wouldn't."

Ciaran looked at Soph, still a little hurt, but nodded Jess inside. Jess immediately sat down in the middle of the room, but was silent.

"So, are you going to fill us in? Or..."

"Just a minute." She said.

Another car pulled up, behind Jess's.

Ciaran walked over to the panel in the door to check who it was. "It's Conor?"

Liam gasped. "Oh my god, what if he's here to stop her?"

Soph shushed her. "Liam, it's okay. He's told her the truth. That's why the wedding's still on. Give him a chance."

"WHAT!" Liam yelled, "Wait, what the fuck is going on? The wedding was going to be cancelled?"

"Oh my god, babe, shut up." Kelly hushed.

Liam looked at her in surprise, and she realised what she'd called him, and Kelly blushed furiously.

Conor came to the door, and Ciaran opened it for him, the two not saying a word to each other as he walked in. Conor walked straight over to Jess, and sat down next to her. The couches were now full, but Soph didn't mind. She was far too anxious about whether or not her and Ciaran were going to be okay to be able to sit in one place.